From: Jules Grosse
Subject: FreeBSD 5.0
Does anybody here knows if CMUCL/SBCL/CLISP work on FreeBSD 5.0?

From: Daniel Barlow
Subject: Re: FreeBSD 5.0
·········@yahoo.ca (Jules Grosse) writes:

> Does anybody here knows if CMUCL/SBCL/CLISP work on FreeBSD 5.0?

A patch for FreeBSD 5 from Dag-Erling Smorgrav was merged into SBCL
last November, so at minimum you can build it yourself (either using
CMUCL, or SBCL xcompile from some other platform).  I think he was
working on including SBCL in the FreeBSD 'ports' system, so you may
find there are binaries there already.  (Can't find it on the web
site, though).

FWIW, SBCL compilation is not a scary or difficult process - provided
you have some version of SBCL, CMUCL or OpenMCL to use as host
compiler, anyway.

-dan

--

   http://www.cliki.net/ - Link farm for free CL-on-Unix resources
From: Tobias Andersson
>Does anybody here knows if CMUCL/SBCL/CLISP work on FreeBSD 5.0?

According to this page

http://www.cons.org/cmucl/platforms.html

it does:

"The 18d release binaries should work on any i486 or better processor.
The 18d binaries should work with FreeBSD releases 3.x, 4.x and
-current (5.x)."

Hope this helps.
From: Sam Steingold
> * In message <····························@posting.google.com>
> * On the subject of "FreeBSD 5.0"
> * Sent on 22 Jan 2003 05:33:08 -0800
> * Honorable ·········@yahoo.ca (Jules Grosse) writes:
>
> Does anybody here knows if CMUCL/SBCL/CLISP work on FreeBSD 5.0?

CLISP should work on FreeBSD 5.0.

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat8 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>