From: Ben Olasov
Subject: Re: New ACM Lisp magazine?
To pick up this thread from 1999, I thought this was really good idea.
Did you ever get a response from ACM?

Ben
--------
From: Paolo Amoroso (·······@mclink.it)
 Subject: New ACM Lisp magazine?
 Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp, comp.lang.scheme
 Date: 1999/04/13

I am an ACM http://www.acm.org/ student member. Thanks to the wonders of

surface mail, I've just received the Dec. 1998 issue (Vol. 41, No.12) of

the ACMemberNet newsletter. On page 13, the short article "Previews from

ACM's Magazine Group" says:

"The Magazine Group seeks to develop new print and electronic
publications
for ACM and welcomes comments and ideas. For more information on the
Magazine Group's activities, please contact Executive Editor Jay
Blickstein
at ··········@acm.org or Managing Editor Jennifer Bruer at
·····@acm.org."

I've written to suggest that they consider at least an electronic
magazine
devoted to the Lisp family of languages. I invite all potentially
interested users, organizations and companies to contact ACM's Magazine
Group.

Any comments or opinions, especially from ACM members or insiders? Is
this
a good idea in the first place? What are its chances of success?

Paolo
--
Paolo Amoroso <·······@mclink.it>

From: Paolo Amoroso
On Wed, 15 Jan 2003 20:28:41 GMT, Ben Olasov <·······@pacbell.net> wrote:

> To pick up this thread from 1999, I thought this was really good idea.
> Did you ever get a response from ACM?
[...]
> From: Paolo Amoroso (·······@mclink.it)
[...]
> I am an ACM http://www.acm.org/ student member. Thanks to the wonders of
> surface mail, I've just received the Dec. 1998 issue (Vol. 41, No.12) of
> the ACMemberNet newsletter. On page 13, the short article "Previews from
> ACM's Magazine Group" says:
>
> "The Magazine Group seeks to develop new print and electronic
> publications
> for ACM and welcomes comments and ideas. For more information on the
> Magazine Group's activities, please contact Executive Editor Jay
> Blickstein
[...]
> I've written to suggest that they consider at least an electronic
> magazine
> devoted to the Lisp family of languages. I invite all potentially

I never got a response from ACM. If you are interested in such a
publication, you may check:

  http://www.lisp-p.org

By the way, I am no longer an ACM member.

Paolo
http://www.paoloamoroso.it/ency/README
From: Frank A. Adrian
As far as I know, Lisp Pointers was subsumed into SIGPLAN notices.  Kent
Pitman was the contact there for Lisp-related items last I checked (about
two years ago).  If there are Lisp-related articles, etc., I'm sure that
SIGPALN would publish them.

faa

From: Paolo Amoroso
On Sun, 19 Jan 2003 15:39:44 -0800, "Frank A. Adrian" <·······@ancar.org>
wrote:

> As far as I know, Lisp Pointers was subsumed into SIGPLAN notices.  Kent
> Pitman was the contact there for Lisp-related items last I checked (about
> two years ago).  If there are Lisp-related articles, etc., I'm sure that
> SIGPALN would publish them.

During the couple of years around 1999, when I was an ACM member, I saw a
couple of Lisp articles on SIGPLAN Notices.

From: Kent M Pitman
"Frank A. Adrian" <·······@ancar.org> writes:

> As far as I know, Lisp Pointers was subsumed into SIGPLAN notices.  Kent
> Pitman was the contact there for Lisp-related items last I checked (about
> two years ago).  If there are Lisp-related articles, etc., I'm sure that
> SIGPALN would publish them.

It'd be quite surprising if I were the contact of record.  I've
disassociated myself with the ACM in every way I can.  The fully
detailed explanation is long and somewhat off-topic for this forum,
but I've added an entry in my personal FAQ containing the rationale
for my jumping ship.

http://world.std.com/~pitman/pfaq/acm.html