From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH
Subject: John McCarthy RIP
According to a french article on 2003-01-08 by Albert Tissot on
fr.comp.lang.lisp

http://groups.google.fr/groups?hl=fr&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=dh8q1vgb9t0jcf7ocdvoo47r3emlmm67pu%404ax.com

John McCarthy (the father of Lisp) died at Boston on january 04th
2003.

email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net
alias: basile<at>tunes<dot>org
8, rue de la Fa�encerie, 92340 Bourg La Reine, France

From: Christopher C. Stacy
Subject: Re: John McCarthy RIP
 Basile> According to a french article on 2003-01-08 by Albert Tissot on
 Basile> fr.comp.lang.lisp
 Basile> http://groups.google.fr/groups?hl=fr&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=dh8q1vgb9t0jcf7ocdvoo47r3emlmm67pu%404ax.com
 Basile> John McCarthy (the father of Lisp) died at Boston on january 04th 2003.

I don't know where he got that idea, but McCarthy is
quite alive, at least as of a few minutes ago.
From: Christopher C. Stacy

 Basile> According to a french article on 2003-01-08 by Albert Tissot on
 Basile> fr.comp.lang.lisp
 Basile> http://groups.google.fr/groups?hl=fr&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=dh8q1vgb9t0jcf7ocdvoo47r3emlmm67pu%404ax.com
 Basile> John McCarthy (the father of Lisp) died at Boston on january 04th 2003.

 Christopher> I don't know where he got that idea, but McCarthy is
 Christopher> quite alive, at least as of a few minutes ago.

(Or else there has been something of a breakthrough in AI.)
From: Basile STARYNKEVITCH

    Basile> According to a french article on 2003-01-08 by Albert
    Basile> Tissot on fr.comp.lang.lisp
    Basile> http://groups.google.fr/groups?hl=fr&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=dh8q1vgb9t0jcf7ocdvoo47r3emlmm67pu%404ax.com
    Basile> John McCarthy (the father of Lisp) died at Boston on
    Basile> january 04th 2003.

    Christopher> I don't know where he got that idea, but McCarthy is
    Christopher> quite alive, at least as of a few minutes ago.

My public apologies to everyone, and especially John McCarthy, for
having forwared a false rumors.

I'm glad that we'll be able to read more of McCarthy work!

Sorry again.

Regards.

From: faust
 ······@dtpq.com (Christopher C. Stacy) ,  emitted these fragments:

>I don't know where he got that idea, but McCarthy is
>quite alive, at least as of a few minutes ago.

Good.

And may he continue to enjoy good health !

--
natsu-gusa ya     / tsuwamono-domo-ga / yume no ato
summer grasses / strong ones          / dreams site

Summer grasses,
All that remains
Of soldier's dreams
(Basho trans. Stryk)
From: Paolo Amoroso
On Sun, 12 Jan 2003 01:13:25 GMT, ······@dtpq.com (Christopher C. Stacy)
wrote:

> I don't know where he got that idea, but McCarthy is
> quite alive, at least as of a few minutes ago.

Rumors of Lisp's death are also greatly exaggerated.

Paolo
http://www.paoloamoroso.it/ency/README
From: nevada
Strange, I know, but I too have often gotten Maurice Gibb and John
McCarthy mixed up.

NS
From: u.r. faust
············@yahoo.com (nevada) writes:

> Strange, I know, but I too have often gotten Maurice Gibb and John
> McCarthy mixed up.

John sings much better than the late lamented (?) Gibb.