From: javacrypto
Subject: Where is the CLisp documentation?
I am trying to find documentation about CLisp 2.30. There is some
basic stuff included with it, but I would like to find detailed
documentation about the libraries that come with CLisp.

In the Lisp console, you can press Tab and get a list of all possible
commands. I would like to see the documentation for these functions.

I come from the Java world where the docs come as a separate set of
HTML pages. Is there anything like that for CLisp?

I have downloaded the book "Common Lisp the Language," but I do not
know if it is specific for the libraries that come with CLisp. Also, I
have not had a chance to read the whole thing, of course.

Thanks.

From: Marc Mertens
Subject: Re: Where is the CLisp documentation?
javacrypto wrote:

> I am trying to find documentation about CLisp 2.30. There is some
> basic stuff included with it, but I would like to find detailed
> documentation about the libraries that come with CLisp.
>
> In the Lisp console, you can press Tab and get a list of all possible
> commands. I would like to see the documentation for these functions.
>
> I come from the Java world where the docs come as a separate set of
> HTML pages. Is there anything like that for CLisp?
>
> I have downloaded the book "Common Lisp the Language," but I do not
> know if it is specific for the libraries that come with CLisp. Also, I
> have not had a chance to read the whole thing, of course.
>
> Thanks.

If you have expanded the clisp-2.30.tgz tar file, look at the
doc/impnotes.html file for clisp specific documentation. For Common Lisp
search for the Common Lisp Hyperpec (CLHS) on the net.

Marc
From: javacrypto
Thanks. I recieved two emails suggesting I look up the exact same
thing, so I guess its the right thing to do. I appreciate the help.

Chris

From: Sam Steingold
> * In message <····························@posting.google.com>
> * On the subject of "Where is the CLisp documentation?"
> * Sent on 10 Jan 2003 21:45:42 -0800
> * Honorable ··········@yahoo.com (javacrypto) writes:
>
> I am trying to find documentation about CLisp 2.30. There is some
> basic stuff included with it, but I would like to find detailed
> documentation about the libraries that come with CLisp.

<http://clisp.cons.org> is a good place to start, specifically the
implementation notes and the manual page (both are actually included in
the distribution)

CLHS is your friend <http://www.lisp.org/HyperSpec/FrontMatter/>

> I come from the Java world where the docs come as a separate set of
> HTML pages. Is there anything like that for CLisp?

not in the javadoc format.

> I have downloaded the book "Common Lisp the Language," but I do not
> know if it is specific for the libraries that come with CLisp. Also, I
> have not had a chance to read the whole thing, of course.

ANSI CL is somewhat different from CLtL, so I suggest sticking with the
CLHS.

reading <clisp-list> might benefit you also.

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat8 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>