From: Steph
Subject: RE newbie questions
hi again,

with regards to my original question (#3A):
After further investigation, I found the following struct definition
at the beginning of the file:

(defstruct (category
(:print-funcategory-instancescategory-instancesction
print-category)(:copier nil))
  (name (gensym "C-"))     ; Unique category name
  (num-instances 0)        ; number of instances in category
  (instances nil)          ; list of instances in category
  (counts (init-counts))   ; feature counts of the form
                           ; ((feature1-value1-count
feature1-value2-count ...)(feature2-value1-count ...) ...)
                           ; where features and their values are in
the order given in *domains*
  (subs nil))              ; list of sub-categories

So I figure out that referencing a property "instances" of class
"category" is :
"category-instances category"(ie class-property object (of the class))

Is this correct?

Steph
From: Barry Margolin
Subject: Re: RE newbie questions
In article <··························@posting.google.com>,
Steph <···········@hotmail.com> wrote:
>So I figure out that referencing a property "instances" of class
>"category" is :
>"category-instances category"(ie class-property object (of the class))
>
>Is this correct?

Yes.  The default naming scheme for structure slot accessors is
<structurename>-<slotname>.

--
Barry Margolin, ······@genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA