From: Wouter Lievens
Subject: dependency directed search
Hi,

I have to solve the n-queens problem using 1) chronological backtracking and
2) dependency directed backtracking in LISP and compare the results in speed
& memory usage.

The first part was very easy, of course.
But I'm having serious trouble understanding what dependency directed
backtracking is about. All info we got in class is cryptic and abstract and
I can't put it to use in the assignment. Everything I found on Google
explains "what" it does, but neglects to explain how it does it.

Can somebody either explain ddbt to me, or point me to a website where I can
get a decent explenation.

Thanks,
Wouter Lievens