From: Lloyd Moore
Subject: font and list boxes
How do I set the font of certain elements within a list box to bold
and/or underline? I am using Allegro CL.

From: Udon
Subject: Re: font and list boxes
"Lloyd Moore" <·····@oakwood3.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
·································@posting.google.com...
> How do I set the font of certain elements within a list box to bold
> and/or underline? I am using Allegro CL.

Assuming you got a form with a defaultbutton with its on-change event set to
myfontchanger, and a listbox with the name single-item-list-1, this is the
quick and dirty version:

(defun myfontchanger (widget new-value old-value)
  (declare (ignore-if-unused widget new-value old-value))

  (setq mylistbox (find-component :single-item-list-1 (parent widget)))
  (setf (font mylistbox)
    (vary-font (font mylistbox) :style '(:bold :underline)))
  )

A click on your defaultbutton then replaces the old font by a bold underline
font, if there is one.
From: Lloyd Moore
"Udon" <·······@sospam.com> wrote in message news:<························@newsread4.arcor-online.net>...
> "Lloyd Moore" <·····@oakwood3.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> ·································@posting.google.com...
> > How do I set the font of certain elements within a list box to bold
> > and/or underline? I am using Allegro CL.
>
> Assuming you got a form with a defaultbutton with its on-change event set to
> myfontchanger, and a listbox with the name single-item-list-1, this is the
> quick and dirty version:
>
> (defun myfontchanger (widget new-value old-value)
>   (declare (ignore-if-unused widget new-value old-value))
>
>   (setq mylistbox (find-component :single-item-list-1 (parent widget)))
>   (setf (font mylistbox)
>     (vary-font (font mylistbox) :style '(:bold :underline)))
>   )
>
> A click on your defaultbutton then replaces the old font by a bold underline
> font, if there is one.

What I have is the following:

(defun initialise()
  (setf *customer-table* (make-table-example
                          :pk-fields '(:cust_order_no)
                          :compound-fields '(:prod_no)
                          :non-pk-fields '(:cust_no
                                           :cust_name
                                           :cust_addr
                                           :cust_tel
                                           :prod_no
                                           :prod_name
                                           :prod_qty
                                           :prod_price)))
  )

An event handler populates a listbox with the range set to the above
values, all I want to achieve is to set the '(:cust_order_no) to be
shown in bold or underlined with the rest of the fields in normal
font. I don't want all the fields to be bold.

Thanks,