From: Ingvar Mattsson
Since we did talk about this at the Green Man and no one has said "we
have an alternative mailing-list provider", I've set one up.

//Ingvar
--
When the SysAdmin answers the phone politely, say "sorry", hang up and
run awaaaaay!
From: Christophe Rhodes
Ingvar Mattsson <······@cathouse.bofh.se> writes:

> Since we did talk about this at the Green Man and no one has said "we
> have an alternative mailing-list provider", I've set one up.

Cool.

I believe I was the only one at both UK meets last week; in both
instances we held remarkably civilized discussions about matters
consequential and no -- the range of conversation was not by any means
limited to Lisp.  I think that most were at least receptive to the
idea of holding relatively frequent meetings, with no particular
agenda necessary.

One relevant item that was discussed at the Cambridge meeting was the
extent to which inter-vendor cooperation was possible and desireable:
for instance, when an extension has been in the wild for a large
amount of time, and is used at least by some users, maybe some
harmonization across the vendor spectrum on even cosmetic things might
be possible.  No firm decisions were made on this respect, but I
thought I should say that it was brought up.

Oh, and I've now met people who do Lisp for a living -- they do exist!

Christophe