From: Christian Nyb�
As there seems to be no news servers in Zambia, were I live, I'd like
to subscribe to c.l.l. as a mailing list.  Is there a site somewhere
that gateways the group to mail?  Should I again have the urge to
post, it's possible through some server at lcs.mit.edu, but it does
not seem to offer a gateway from nntp to mail.

thanks,
--
chr

From: JB
Christian Nyb� wrote:

> As there seems to be no news servers in Zambia,

but you cab use a news server in any other country.

--
JB
From: Christian Nyb�
JB <······@hotmail.com> writes:

> Christian Nyb� wrote:
>
> > As there seems to be no news servers in Zambia,
>
> but you cab use a news server in any other country.

I asked for a news-to-mail gateway.

--
chr
From: JB
Christian Nyb� wrote:

> JB <······@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> Christian Nyb� wrote:
>>
>> > As there seems to be no news servers in Zambia,
>>
>> but you cab use a news server in any other country.
>
> I asked for a news-to-mail gateway.

You did and I (and others) pointed out to you that you did
not really need it. Anyway: My provider (newsfeeds.com)
provides such an interface but it is not free. You can use
google as well (at least for reading).
--
JB
From: Richard Krush
···@sli.uio.no (Christian Nyb�) writes:

> As there seems to be no news servers in Zambia, were I live, I'd like
> to subscribe to c.l.l. as a mailing list.  Is there a site somewhere
> that gateways the group to mail?  Should I again have the urge to
> post, it's possible through some server at lcs.mit.edu, but it does
> not seem to offer a gateway from nntp to mail.

As has already be mentioned, you can use news servers in other countries.
With some research you can find at least a few free servers.

Also, if you want to see what a gatewayed newsgroup looks like, check out
comp.lang.lisp and count the number of "free porn" and other spam articles
for the past month.

Richard

--
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War
IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein
From: Adam Warner
Hi Christian Nyb,

> As there seems to be no news servers in Zambia, were I live, I'd like to
> subscribe to c.l.l. as a mailing list.  Is there a site somewhere that
> gateways the group to mail?  Should I again have the urge to post, it's
> possible through some server at lcs.mit.edu, but it does not seem to
> offer a gateway from nntp to mail.

As has already been said, use one from another country. I can recommend
Germany's news.cis.dfn.de (see http://news.cis.dfn.de/). It's 100%
reliable. Just don't tell too many people about it :-)

You are expected to provide a non-mangled From: header (which you already
do).

Good luck,
Adam