From: William Barnett-Lewis
Subject: Medley Vs. Sun Tyle 6 keyboard
I have a PC Medley image that I am trying to get to
run correctly on a Sun/Sparc VM. The keyboard handling is, no
surprise, somewhat different and I'm having a bear of a time trying to
get the image to recognise the Sun keyboard. Setting environment
variables does not seem to help -
(SETENV IL:LDEKBDTYPE 'IL:TYPE5) - for example.

The Sun is a Sun Blade 100 with a USB type 6 keyboard - this may or
may not be relevant.

Hints, tips, suggestions, would be appreciated. I'd love one less
reason to keep a Dos partition around at all times.

Thanks,

William
relations, for nature cannot be fooled.
Feynman's Appendix to the Rogers Commission Report.
From: udon
Subject: Re: Medley Vs. Sun Tyle 6 keyboard
> get the image to recognise the Sun keyboard.

Is this a general keyboard detection problem or is just the keyboard mapping
wrong (i.e. the ยท@" key gives you a "$" character)?
What does (IL:KEYBOARDTYPE) return?

> Setting environment
> variables does not seem to help -
> (SETENV IL:LDEKBDTYPE 'IL:TYPE5) - for example.

As the value of IL:KEYBOARDCONFIGCOERCIONS suggests, a TYPE5 is an IBMPC
keyboard. That's not exactly what you want.
Some time ago I tried to do a bit of keyboard mapping change in Medley but
can't remember the details. This is another function that springs to mind:
(IL:VKBD.POP-UP-KEYBOARDS-MENU)

and a variable:
IL:CURRENTKEYBOARDCONFIG
(changes to this list do not have an immediate effect. You need to call a
certain function afterwards, FIXKEYBOARD or something like that.)
Perhaps you want to try (APROPOS "KEYBOARD").