From: Richard Brookes
Subject: unfold sheet metal
is there an add on program for autocad 2002 that will enable the flattening
of solid sheets into the required blankform. i have had a look around but to
no avail.

From: jochen
Subject: Re: unfold sheet metal
try out my BREUEL-infolding.
free DEMO-download from
www.black-cad.de
(for any 3d-surface area, bounded by 2 3d-polylines, working from AutoCAD)
Good luck
Jochen

···············@entanet...

From: Mike

> "Richard Brookes" <···@form-fab.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> ···············@entanet...
> > is there an add on program for autocad 2002 that will enable the
>  flattening
> > of solid sheets into the required blankform. i have had a look around but
> > no avail.

We use SPI, it works great, add-on with pull down menus inside ACAD,
really simple to use!  Here is a link to download a free trial.

http://www.spi.de/trial/regtrial.htm
From: P.C.
Hi

"Mike" <··········@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse
·································@posting.google.com...
> We use SPI, it works great, add-on with pull down menus inside ACAD,
> really simple to use!  Here is a link to download a free trial.
>
> http://www.spi.de/trial/regtrial.htm

No please exchouse I ask , but I try to avoid to fill in informations when
checking free downloads, ------- would you please tell if this software allow
you to point to a mesh entity and have it unrolled where you ask or is there
limitations.
Reson I ask is, that many years ago I made my own in-house unrolling software
that I havn't seen better.  My app. even write angles and line length for each
and every angle and unrolled strait-line ,and is acturly two applications as if
the sub division allowed by Acad is not enough, then an exteranl file will hold
so many points that the "foult" ( difference between an arc and an arc defined
in strait lines, will be ten meters the distance N.Y to Paris.
Guess you know that unrolling is an old issue about CAD and a few unrolling
software produce so bad a result, that the repurtation of other software was
harmed long ago.
--------- Emagine yourself producing a boathull from panels made with 6 strait
lines.
BTW, -------- This is the software I used first to be able to extend the options
with Acad and unfold back to Acad , so you acturly could use unrolling software
for any good.;
http://w1.1396.telia.com/~u139600113/
Not the 3D-H building method but the full-scale flattende panels ; now I wonder
if it's an idear to polish the applications and bring them for sale.
P.C.