From: Andreas Eder
Subject: Open Genera
Hi,
now that I'm the proud owner of an albeit old Alpha workstation, I
thought it might be a good thing having Open Genera running on it
(though it would be under a netbsd emulation of True64).
Unfortunately, the symbolics site seems to be down.
I read here that P. Costanza was able to procure an Open Genera cdrom.
I have no idea about the price, but since I am doing this for a hobby
someting in the thousands is out of my budget, but I'm not expecting
it for free.

Thanks,

Andreas

--
Wherever I lay my .emacs, there�s my $HOME.

From: Fred Gilham
Subject: Re: Open Genera
Andreas Eder <············@t-online.de> writes:

> Hi,
> now that I'm the proud owner of an albeit old Alpha workstation, I
> thought it might be a good thing having Open Genera running on it
> (though it would be under a netbsd emulation of True64).
> Unfortunately, the symbolics site seems to be down.
> I read here that P. Costanza was able to procure an Open Genera cdrom.
> I have no idea about the price, but since I am doing this for a hobby
> someting in the thousands is out of my budget, but I'm not expecting
> it for free.

You're out of luck.  The going rate is $5000.  But maybe someone who
has one will sell it to you for less.

--
Fred Gilham                                        ······@csl.sri.com
Our original rights freed us from the state's power. Nowadays, most
From: Lisp Machine Org.
Subject: R: Open Genera
Search image of site with www.archive.com

and find symbolics