From: Pascal Costanza
Subject: T and Genera
Hi,

I have been lucky and got copies of two things. :)

- The book "The T Programming Language". I am looking forward to seeing
how environments work in T.

- A CD that contains OpenGenera 2.0 from 1998. I don't know yet what to
do with it, but have been told that it includes lots of Common Lisp
sources. Can anybody recommend anything in particular?

All the best,
Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza               University of Bonn
···············@web.de        Institute of Computer Science III

From: Friedrich Dominicus
Subject: Re: T and Genera
Pascal Costanza <········@web.de> writes:

> - A CD that contains OpenGenera 2.0 from 1998. I don't know yet what
> to do with it, but have been told that it includes lots of Common Lisp
> sources. Can anybody recommend anything in particular?

Well OpenGenera is a product you can still buy from symbolics. I hope
it's not an illegal copy.

However it's true that there are nearly all the sources for that
Operating System bundeled.

The OS still just works on DEC Unix
TrueUnix or the like. You can mount it on any Unix I guess and browse
the sources. To eally appriciate it you better install in on an Alpha
Box and simply play with it. It's very different from what you
probably known before. But to learn it you have to learn Flavors
too. With that was nearly all of the User Interface written. Of course
you can use CLIM it seems to me that this has been of high priority to
Symbolics before they went more or less out of business.

Regards
Friedrich
From: Pascal Costanza
In article <··············@fbigm.here>,
 Friedrich Dominicus <·····@q-software-solutions.com> wrote:

> > - A CD that contains OpenGenera 2.0 from 1998. I don't know yet what
> > to do with it, but have been told that it includes lots of Common Lisp
> > sources. Can anybody recommend anything in particular?
>
> Well OpenGenera is a product you can still buy from symbolics. I hope
> it's not an illegal copy.

No, it's a legal copy.

Thanks for the information you provided.

Pascal

--
"If I could explain it, I wouldn't be able to do it."
A.M.McKenzie