From: Peter Seibel
Subject: Oakland Lispniks chapter
So, at least one person (······@panix.com) is planning to meet me
tomorrow (Weds. 2003-02-12) at Ben and Nick's[1] for the inaugural
meeting of the Bay Area Lispniks/Lispbug/PLUG/ObLisp. Anyone else care
to join us? Or--as we're both still flexible--is there some other day
this week that would get a bigger turnout?

-Peter

[1] 5612 College Ave. near the Rockridge BART

--
Peter Seibel
·····@javamonkey.com

From: Thomas F. Burdick
Subject: Re: Oakland Lispniks chapter
Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com> writes:

> So, at least one person (······@panix.com) is planning to meet me
> tomorrow (Weds. 2003-02-12) at Ben and Nick's[1] for the inaugural
> meeting of the Bay Area Lispniks/Lispbug/PLUG/ObLisp. Anyone else care
> to join us? Or--as we're both still flexible--is there some other day
> this week that would get a bigger turnout?

Because of job #2, I couldn't be there until around 11:15-11:30pm.  If
y'all still gonna be there then, I might show up, but otherwise, I'll
offer moral support and maybe make the next one.

--
           /|_     .-----------------------.
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |
From: Kenny Tilton
Peter Seibel wrote:
> So, at least one person (······@panix.com) is planning to meet me...

You have a quorum. tho dave bakhash gets credit for the official lispnyc
launch, important proof-of-concept work was done by marco antoniotti and
myself in front of the margarita dispenser at Citrus (75th & Amsterdam).

Furthermore, Marco gets credit for noticing we were both in the big
apple and proposing a get-together, so...

All lispnyc history leads to Rome?

:)

--

  kenny tilton
  clinisys, inc
From: Marco Antoniotti
Kenny Tilton wrote:

> Peter Seibel wrote:
>
> > So, at least one person (······@panix.com) is planning to meet me...
>

> You have a quorum. tho dave bakhash gets credit for the official lispnyc
> launch, important proof-of-concept work was done by marco antoniotti and
> myself in front of the margarita dispenser at Citrus (75th & Amsterdam).

We'll get more :)  BTW.  Citrus is a really cool place.

> Furthermore, Marco gets credit for noticing we were both in the big
> apple and proposing a get-together, so...
>
> All lispnyc history leads to Rome?

Looks like we'll have to make a stopover in Milan to pick up Paolo and
then a quick detour to Pisa for Pierpaolo and Beppe (and other as well) :)

Cheers

marco
From: Pierpaolo BERNARDI
"Marco Antoniotti" <·······@cs.nyu.edu> ha scritto nel messaggio ····················@typhoon.nyu.edu...

> Looks like we'll have to make a stopover in Milan to pick up Paolo and
> then a quick detour to Pisa for Pierpaolo and Beppe (and other as well) :)

Per me, 'ncebbisogno.  I'm in Rome nowadays.
I'm keeping the emplacement waiting for reinforcements.

Cons!
P.
From: Steven M. Haflich
Peter Seibel wrote:
> So, at least one person (······@panix.com) is planning to meet me
> tomorrow (Weds. 2003-02-12) at Ben and Nick's[1] for the inaugural
> meeting of the Bay Area Lispniks/Lispbug/PLUG/ObLisp. Anyone else care
> to join us? Or--as we're both still flexible--is there some other day
> this week that would get a bigger turnout?

I might turn out at some other time, but 2003-02-12 evening conflicts
with a previously-scheduled meeting.  Also, I believe the house brews
at Triple Rock are superior, just like the Dunkles mom used to brew.

Steven Haflich
···@no_spiced_ham.franz.com
Chair, INCITS/J13

Beer doesn't really work over the internet, unless IPv6 improves things
in ways I don't understand.
From: Chris Perkins
At what hour?  When?  I might be able to make it.

Chris
From: ······@panix.com
········@medialab.com (Chris Perkins) writes:
> At what hour?  When?  I might be able to make it.

On the groups page 'http://alu.cliki.net/lispba':
   The first meeting of 'lispba' is scheduled for 1900h
   11-Feb-2003 at 'Ben and Nicks' (5612 College Ave. near the
   Rockridge BART)

   There is also a link to a map on the page.

hope to see you there,
harley.
From: Peter Seibel
······@panix.com writes:

> ········@medialab.com (Chris Perkins) writes:
> > At what hour?  When?  I might be able to make it.
>
> On the groups page 'http://alu.cliki.net/lispba':
>    The first meeting of 'lispba' is scheduled for 1900h
>    11-Feb-2003 at 'Ben and Nicks' (5612 College Ave. near the
>    Rockridge BART)
>
>    There is also a link to a map on the page.

FWIW, the meeting is actually on the 12th. In about 35 minutes. I
fixed the CLiki page too.

-Peter

--
Peter Seibel
·····@javamonkey.com
From: Frank Goenninger
Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com> writes:

> So, at least one person (······@panix.com) is planning to meet me
> tomorrow (Weds. 2003-02-12) at Ben and Nick's[1] for the inaugural
> meeting of the Bay Area Lispniks/Lispbug/PLUG/ObLisp. Anyone else care
> to join us? Or--as we're both still flexible--is there some other day
> this week that would get a bigger turnout?
>
> -Peter
>

> [1] 5612 College Ave. near the Rockridge BART

Hey - how was the meeting? I am curious... just because I could not get an
appropriate flight out of Germany ;-)

BTW - Anything similar available in Germany, Stuttgart region ?

--
  Frank

From: Thomas F. Burdick
Frank Goenninger <················@goenninger.com> writes:

> Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com> writes:
>
> > So, at least one person (······@panix.com) is planning to meet me
> > tomorrow (Weds. 2003-02-12) at Ben and Nick's[1] for the inaugural
> > meeting of the Bay Area Lispniks/Lispbug/PLUG/ObLisp. Anyone else care
> > to join us? Or--as we're both still flexible--is there some other day
> > this week that would get a bigger turnout?
> >
> > -Peter
> >

> > [1] 5612 College Ave. near the Rockridge BART
> >

> Hey - how was the meeting?

Futuristic and before-its-time.  (Being on the West Coast of the US,
it's only 11:30am in Oakland :)

--
           /|_     .-----------------------.
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |
From: Frank Goenninger
···@fallingrocks.OCF.Berkeley.EDU (Thomas F. Burdick) writes:

> Frank Goenninger <················@goenninger.com> writes:
>
> > Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com> writes:
> >
> > > So, at least one person (······@panix.com) is planning to meet me
> > > tomorrow (Weds. 2003-02-12) at Ben and Nick's[1] for the inaugural
> > > meeting of the Bay Area Lispniks/Lispbug/PLUG/ObLisp. Anyone else care
> > > to join us? Or--as we're both still flexible--is there some other day
> > > this week that would get a bigger turnout?
> > >
> > > -Peter
> > >

> > > [1] 5612 College Ave. near the Rockridge BART
> > >

> > Hey - how was the meeting?
>
> Futuristic and before-its-time.  (Being on the West Coast of the US,
> it's only 11:30am in Oakland :)

Hm - I see. Well, I calculated for the time difference but simply
thought is the 13th already in Germany. Which it is not. But the
question still stands...

Maybe in a more futuristic phrasing:

"How will the meeting have been?" ;-)) 42!

Regards,
  Frank
From: Peter Seibel
Frank Goenninger <················@goenninger.com> writes:

> Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com> writes:
>
> > So, at least one person (······@panix.com) is planning to meet me
> > tomorrow (Weds. 2003-02-12) at Ben and Nick's[1] for the inaugural
> > meeting of the Bay Area Lispniks/Lispbug/PLUG/ObLisp. Anyone else care
> > to join us? Or--as we're both still flexible--is there some other day
> > this week that would get a bigger turnout?
> >
> > -Peter
> >

> > [1] 5612 College Ave. near the Rockridge BART
> >

> Hey - how was the meeting? I am curious... just because I could not
> get an appropriate flight out of Germany ;-)

So the inaugural meeting of the Bay Area Lispniks has come and gone.
The charter members are Harley Gorrell, JP Massar, and me. We talked
about (surprise) Lisp, the Connection Machine (which JP worked on when
he was at Thinking Machines), and Harley's idea for a business that
would use Lisp. I'd tell you what it is but I'd have to kill you; only
Lispniks are allowed to hear it. ;-)

Anyone who thinks they might be interested in coming to the next
get-together, feel free to send me any days that would be good for
you, either days of the week or specific dates, and I'll try to find a
time that the most folks can make it. I imagine we might try
reconvening in a couple weeks.

-Peter

--
Peter Seibel