From: Peter Seibel
Subject: AREF and index out of bounds?
Is whether AREF signals an error when given invalid indices simply a
quality of implementation issue? I couldn't find anything in the
standard saying either "an error is signaled" or "an error should be
signaled".

-Peter

From: Paul F. Dietz
Subject: Re: AREF and index out of bounds?
Peter Seibel wrote:

> Is whether AREF signals an error when given invalid indices simply a
> quality of implementation issue? I couldn't find anything in the
> standard saying either "an error is signaled" or "an error should be
> signaled".

I don't believe a conforming implementation is required to signal an
error on invalid indices, even in safe code.

	Paul