From: riebauld
Subject: Thinlisp -- lispworks 4.2 help please -- riebauld
Some recreational computer jobs I do regularly using free applications
have horrible drag and drop GUIs. They do not always do exactly as
 I would like and there is a limited repertoire of functionality available.
My prefered interface is a command prompt with arguments or loading
settings from an init file. My file manager is Ztreewin, without which I
would be lost, and this is used to create and launch batch files, or to
start applications from its applications menu.
I am running lispworks personnal 4.2.0 under windows NT4
and want to compile executables to run from a command prompt with
a few arguments or loading settings from an init file.
I have no computer science knowledge other than the lisp I am trying
to learn. I am writing code primarily for my own benefit though I intend
to give the results freely if it is of any use to anyone else.
Other than the length of time it takes to write the code and fix the mistakes
I am having little trouble running my code by evaluating the buffer in
lispworks. The code I am writing is basic, not delving into any packages
at all.
I downloaded thinlisp to try and achive the executable but get this
when I try to get started.

;the following is copied and pasted from lispworks - more or less

CL-USER 1 > (truename "tlt/")
#P"T:/Program3/thinlisp-1.0.1/src/tlt/"

CL-USER 2 > (load "tlt/lisp/boot")

Error: Redefining function CD visible from package HARLEQUIN-COMMON-LISP.
  1 (continue) Redefine it anyway.
  2 Try loading tlt/lisp/boot again.
  3 Give up loading tlt/lisp/boot.
  4 Try loading another file instead of tlt/lisp/boot.
  5 (abort) Return to level 0.
  6 Return to top loop level 0.

Type :b for backtrace, :c <option number> to proceed,  or :? for other options

CL-USER 3 : 1 > :c 1
#P"T:/Program3/thinlisp-1.0.1/src/tlt/lisp/boot.lisp"

CL-USER 4 > (compile-tlt)
Compiling and loading TLT...
Compiling   tlt\lisp\boot.lisp                          [  1/ 38]

Error: The variable ·@·@···@···@·@·@·@·@·@·@··@·@·@ is unbound.
  1 (continue) Try evaluating ·@·@···@···@·@·@·@·@·@·@··@·@·@  again.
  2 Specify a value to use this time instead of evaluating ·@·@···@···@·@·@·@·@·@·@··@·@·@.
  3 Specify a value to set ·@·@···@···@·@·@·@·@·@·@··@·@·@ to.
  4 Try loading tlt\dev\boot.bin again.
  5 Give up loading tlt\dev\boot.bin.
  6 Try loading another file instead of tlt\dev\boot.bin.
  7 (abort) Return to level 0.
  8 Return to top loop level 0.

Type :b for backtrace, :c <option number> to proceed,  or :? for other options

CL-USER 5 : 1 >

I also tried using the allegro trial version, but this runs out of heap when trying
to translate the test example.

Has anyone got thinlisp to work on lispworks personnal?