From: Lowell
Subject: andmap (and ormap)
I used to use 'andmap' in Scheme but I don't know what its equivalent is
in CL. Is there a built in function (or macro) that does the same thing?

Lowell

p.s. I'm also looking for an ormap equivalent

From: Lowell
Subject: Re: andmap (and ormap)
I'm familiar with every but it is not exactly what I'm looking for.
andmap is lazy and will not apply the function the the remaining list
elements once a nil value is found.

Lowell

From: Lars Brinkhoff
Lowell <······@cs.ubc.ca> writes:
> Lars Brinkhoff wrote:
> > Lowell <······@cs.ubc.ca> writes:
> > > I used to use 'andmap' in Scheme but I don't know what its equivalent
> > > is in CL.
> > http://www.lispworks.com/reference/HyperSpec/Body/f_everyc.htm
> I'm familiar with every but it is not exactly what I'm looking
> for. andmap is lazy and will not apply the function the the
> remaining list elements once a nil value is found.

From that web page:

  every returns false as soon as any invocation of predicate returns
  false.  If the end of a sequence is reached, every returns true.

--
Lars Brinkhoff,         Services for Unix, Linux, GCC, PDP-10, HTTP
Brinkhoff Consulting    http://www.brinkhoff.se/
From: Lowell
My bad! every will work!

Lowell

From: Marco Antoniotti
Moreover, last I checked, 'andmap' and 'ormap' are not standard in
Scheme.  EVERY (and SOME) are standard in Common Lisp.

Cheers

Marco