From: Ozan Turkyýlmaz
Subject: gcl compile question
can i keep translated c code by using compile fonction in gcl ?

i read gcl info docs
i coundn't find a way

From: Dennis Decker Jensen
Subject: Re: gcl compile question
·····@yahoo.co.uk (Ozan Turky�lmaz) wrote in message news:<····························@posting.google.com>...
> can i keep translated c code by using compile fonction in gcl ?
>
> i read gcl info docs
> i coundn't find a way

;; Use the c-file option of compile-file.

$ info gcl-si

;; and look under the Compilation node:

 - Function: COMPILE-FILE (input-pathname &key output-file (load nil)
          (message-file nil) ;GCL specific keywords: system-p c-debug
          c-file h-file data-file)
     Package:LISP

;; ex. (compile-file "mylispsource.lisp" :c-file t)

--
Dennis Decker Jensen
(remove #\+ ········@+mail++15++.++com")
From: Ozan Turkyýlmaz
·············@hotmail.com (Dennis Decker Jensen) wrote in message news:<····························@posting.google.com>...
> ·····@yahoo.co.uk (Ozan Turky�lmaz) wrote in message news:<····························@posting.google.com>...
> > can i keep translated c code by using compile fonction in gcl ?
> >
> > i read gcl info docs
> > i coundn't find a way
>
> ;; Use the c-file option of compile-file.
>
> $ info gcl-si
>
> ;; and look under the Compilation node:
>
>  - Function: COMPILE-FILE (input-pathname &key output-file (load nil)
>           (message-file nil) ;GCL specific keywords: system-p c-debug
>           c-file h-file data-file)
>      Package:LISP
>
> ;; ex. (compile-file "mylispsource.lisp" :c-file t)
god bless you
From: Camm Maguire
Greetings, and thanks for your interest in GCL.  BTW, the list for GCL
questions is ·········@gnu.org.

In short, you can issue the following flags to (compile-file to keep
various intermediary files, e.g

(compile-file "foo.lisp" :c-file t :h-file t :data-file t)

There are also the following special variables in the compiler package
which can be set to 't from their default value of nil to keep these
files globally:

compiler::*default-c-file*
compiler::*default-h-file*
compiler::*default-data-file*

There are a few other pertinent options, but I think this is what you
want.  Please write back if you need more detail.

Take care,

--
Camm Maguire			     			····@enhanced.com
From: Ozan Turkyýlmaz
Camm Maguire <····@enhanced.com> wrote in message news:<··············@wisdom.m.enhanced.com>...
> Greetings, and thanks for your interest in GCL.  BTW, the list for GCL
> questions is ·········@gnu.org.
>
> In short, you can issue the following flags to (compile-file to keep
> various intermediary files, e.g
>
> (compile-file "foo.lisp" :c-file t :h-file t :data-file t)

then what is this :data-file ?