From: Arthur T. Murray
Subject: Artificial intelligence (AI) has been solved
> If it has, why isn't it telling us itself ?

The primitive-but-sufficient solution to AI is still evolving.

http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/apl.html -- for Mind.APL coding.

http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/acm.html -- step-by-step DIY AI.

http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/theory5.html -- Theory of Mind.

From: Anno Siegel
Subject: Re: Artificial intelligence (AI) has been solved
Arthur T. Murray <·····@victoria.tc.ca> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
> > If it has, why isn't it telling us itself ?

Artificial intelligence rests on the hope that eventually the computer
will do something only humans can do.  Software engineering rests on the
hope that eventually the computer will do something, anything, please?

Anno
From: Lucius Chiaraviglio
On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 11:17:56 +0000, Anno Siegel wrote:
> Artificial intelligence rests on the hope that eventually the computer
> will do something only humans can do.  Software engineering rests on the
> hope that eventually the computer will do something, anything, please?

	I assume you mean other than crash?  :-)

--
Lucius Chiaraviglio
Approximate E-mail address:  ·········@chapter.net
From: David Magda
Lucius Chiaraviglio <·········@chapter.net> writes:

> On Thu, 04 Sep 2003 11:17:56 +0000, Anno Siegel wrote:
> > Artificial intelligence rests on the hope that eventually the computer
> > will do something only humans can do.  Software engineering rests on the
> > hope that eventually the computer will do something, anything, please?
>
> 	I assume you mean other than crash?  :-)

Boycott artificial intelligence! Demand natural intelligence!

--
David Magda <dmagda at ee.ryerson.ca>, http://www.magda.ca/