From: amit phalgune
Subject: Sockets in CMUCL
Hi,
I am a newbie in LISP. I want to create socket connections using
CMUCL. Can anyone let me know the packages and the functions in them
which I can use. Also how can I include and use the ACL-SOCKET package
in CMUCL.
If it is not possible to use the ACL-SOCKET package in CMUCL, How can
in include the packages for socket connection ( extensions:) ( used by
CMUCL) in the lisp code ??

Thanks for you help
From: Matthew Danish
Subject: Re: Sockets in CMUCL
On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 10:06:45AM -0700, amit phalgune wrote:
> I am a newbie in LISP. I want to create socket connections using
> CMUCL. Can anyone let me know the packages and the functions in them
> which I can use. Also how can I include and use the ACL-SOCKET package
> in CMUCL.

Get the ACL-COMPAT library.  In Debian it is a package called
cl-acl-compat.  Otherwise, go to http://www.cliki.net/ACL-COMPAT and
follow the links.

> If it is not possible to use the ACL-SOCKET package in CMUCL, How can
> in include the packages for socket connection ( extensions:) ( used by
> CMUCL) in the lisp code ??

The CMUCL user's manual should cover the usage of CMUCL's native socket
interface.

--
; Matthew Danish <·······@andrew.cmu.edu>
; Signed or encrypted mail welcome.