From: Pascal Costanza
Subject: Patterns of Software
Dick Gabriel has published his excellent book "Patterns of Software" as
a freely downloadable PDF file on his website http://www.dreamsongs.com/

This book also contains a fair amount of Lisp-related stuff.

Pascal
From: Donald Fisk
Subject: Re: Patterns of Software
Pascal Costanza wrote:

> Dick Gabriel has published his excellent book "Patterns of Software" as
> a freely downloadable PDF file on his website http://www.dreamsongs.com/
>
> This book also contains a fair amount of Lisp-related stuff.

Excellent book.   It got me thinking hard about what makes
good software, what makes software good, and why is bad
software often more popular than good software; and then
realizing that the problems the software industry is facing
are more to do with people than with technologies.

I then followed it up by reading these books:

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance (Pirsig)

The Timeless Way of Building (Alexander)
A Pattern Language (Alexander)

These aren't directly Lisp-related but my intuition tells
me most Lispers will have either read them already or
will like them.

--
:ugah179 (home page: http://web.onetel.com/~hibou/)

"I'm outta here.  Python people are much nicer."
                -- Erik Naggum (out of context)