From: Giannandrea Castaldi
Subject: newbie question: create directories with open
I'm coding with allegro 6.2 and I'm trying to write a file with the
following code:

(with-open-file (s myfile
                    :direction :output
                    :if-exists :overwrite
                    :if-does-not-exist :create)
   (format s page))

The problem is that the open function creates the file only if the
directory where to put it already exists. If the directory doesn't exits
I have the following error:

creating #p"output\\cgi-bin\\wiki_pl.html" (which translates to
"C:\apps\eclipse\workspace\WebRec\output\cgi-bin\wiki_pl.html") resulted
in error (code 2): No such file or directory.

Isn't there a way to automatically create the file and all the
directories to save it (I thought that :if-does-not-exist :create was
enogh)? If no how do you resolve this problem?

Thanks.

Giannandrea

From: Howard Ding <······@hading.dnsalias.com>
Subject: Re: newbie question: create directories with open
From: Simon András
Giannandrea Castaldi <········@tiscali.it> writes:

[...]

> Isn't there a way to automatically create the file and all the
> directories to save it (I thought that :if-does-not-exist :create was
> enogh)? If no how do you resolve this problem?

Look up ensure-directories-exist in the HyperSpec.

Andras