From: Dela Lovecraft
Subject: Lisp training in the UK
Dear All,

I am currently reading for my PhD (in archaeology, but I use computers a
great deal in it), and am working my way through various Lisp books to get
up to speed on it. My department has recently suggested the distinct
possibility of getting some funding to actually go to a workshop in Lisp
training, and while I am more than happy just to use books to teach myself,
I don't like to turn them down.... :)

Does anyone know of any training courses in Lisp within the UK? I can find
plenty for Java (for example), but none for Lisp at all - my university
doesn't even teach it anymore. If possible, I need it geared towards AI,
but generic courses would be fine.

Thanks for any help.

Dela

From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Re: Lisp training in the UK
On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 22:16:33 +0100, Dela Lovecraft <··········@remove.this.to.email.me.breathe.com> wrote:

> I am currently reading for my PhD (in archaeology, but I use
> computers a great deal in it), and am working my way through various
> Lisp books to get up to speed on it. My department has recently
> suggested the distinct possibility of getting some funding to
> actually go to a workshop in Lisp training, and while I am more than
> happy just to use books to teach myself, I don't like to turn them
> down.... :)
>
> Does anyone know of any training courses in Lisp within the UK? I
> can find plenty for Java (for example), but none for Lisp at all -
> my university doesn't even teach it anymore. If possible, I need it
> geared towards AI, but generic courses would be fine.

Not in the UK, but maybe...

  <http://www.franz.com/services/classes/>

Edi.
From: Marco Baringer
[posting for future googlers]

Disclaimer: this a list I came up with a short while ago, it may not
be 100% accurate.

Disclaimer: i haven't asked anyone's permission to post this list, if
I can find you via google, alu.clkik.net,
http://www.digitool.com/consultants.html
www.franz.com/careers/resumes, and c.l.l you can't complain.

People or companys in europe providing lisp consulting and/or training:

Marco Baringer - Italy - http://www.bese.it

Daniel Barlow - UK - http://web.metacircles.com/metacircles

Simon Beaumont - UK - http://www.franz.com/careers/resumes/sbeaumont.lhtml

Jason S. Cornez - Spain - http://www.cornez.org/jason/