From: Douglas Crosher
Subject: Scieneer Common Lisp for the AMD64 platform, request for interest.
Scieneer Pty Ltd is developing a Common Lisp implementation for the
AMD64 linux platform and is seeking interest from early adopters of
the AMD64 platform.  The Scieneer Common Lisp implementation for the
AMD64 currently features:

* Support for a large lisp memory space of over 200G Bytes.

* Supports the innovative multi-threading extensions that Scieneer
  adds to the Common Lisp language to support Symmetrical Multi-Processor
  systems.

  o The multi-thread support is built on the system's native thread library
    for smooth cooperation between lisp threads the foreign library code,
    such as database access libraries.

* Takes good advantage of the AMD64 processor:

  o The Common Lisp long-float data type offers 80 bit extended precision
    floating point operations using the AMD64 hardware support.

  o The Common Lisp double-float and single-float data types take advantage
    of the AMD64 SSE2 extensions.

  o The Common Lisp fixnum data type length is 61 bits which can help
    reducing the need for bignums and reduce consing.

  o Bignum arithmetic exploits 64 bit operations for improved performance.

  o Supports SMP systems that the AMD64 platform is making more affordable.

We would welcome feedback from potential partners interested in
deploying the Scieneer Common Lisp implementation on the AMD64 platform,
and can offer an Alpha release for evaluation.

Regards
Douglas Crosher

Director
Scieneer Pty Ltd
Melbourne, Australia

http://www.scieneer.com/scl
From: Scott L. Burson
Douglas Crosher wrote:

> Scieneer Pty Ltd is developing a Common Lisp implementation for the
> AMD64 linux platform and is seeking interest from early adopters of
> the AMD64 platform.

Wonderful news!!!  Now I have to get my hands on a machine :-)

-- Scott

--
To send email, remove uppercase characters from address in header.