From: Greg Menke
Subject: Washington DC Lispniks August 2003 meeting
Hi everyone,

First, I apologize for having dropped the ball last week, things got
kind of busy.

I followed up with Brian at the Space Telescope Science Institute
(http://www.stsci.edu) about having a meeting one evening at their
location in downtown Baltimore, near Johns Hopkins.  They are
agreeable to host a fairly small group, we could get a tour and a
mini-presentation about the Lisp work they do there.

Food-wise, there are lots of delivery places nearby, or perhaps those
interested in staying around might go out later.

Either way, the proposed meeting date is Wednesday August 13, in the
evening.  People should show up not later than 6:45pm as the doors are
locked and we'll be meeting up in the lobby.

Directions are available here;

http://www.stsci.edu/stsci/org/visitor.html#Maps

As before, I'm sure we could arrange carpools as needed, please let me
know.

The following are quoted suggestions for parking;

Parking:  There is a 3 story parking garage directly across the street
from the building.  Each level has its own entrance gate.  The lower 2
levels are ours, the top uncovered level is Hopkins.  If the gates to
the lower 2 levels are not open, just press the intercom and say you're
here for the Lisp meeting.  I will be waiting in the lobby from probably
6:15ish.

Food: We could get food delivered if that's desired.  I'll gather some
menus.  If anyone wants to go out afterwards, there's a bar / vegetarian
restaurant within walking distance.

See everyone next week!

Greg Menke
From: Brian Seitz
Subject: Re: Washington DC Lispniks August 2003 meeting
Greg Menke wrote:

> Either way, the proposed meeting date is Wednesday August 13, in the
> evening.  People should show up not later than 6:45pm as the doors are
> locked and we'll be meeting up in the lobby.

DC/Baltimore traffic being what it is, if you happen to show up late,
the situation is not entirely dire.  There will be a guard at the desk
who can call the meeting room.