From: amit phalgune
Subject: Process Synchronization
Hi,
This question is related to the support which CMUCL provides for
processes , threads.
There are Common Lisp functions like : process-lock,
with-process-lock.

Are there any corresponding functions in CMUCL. I looked at the
functions index in the CMUCL documentation , at the CMUCL website, but
I could not find any functions with deal with synchronization of
processes. I found process-wait, process-kill etc but coulnd not find
any for synchronization.

Can someone guide me in this regard.

Amit
From: Christian Pohlmann
Subject: Re: Process Synchronization
amit phalgune wrote:

> Hi,
> This question is related to the support which CMUCL provides for
> processes , threads.
> There are Common Lisp functions like : process-lock,
> with-process-lock.
>
> Are there any corresponding functions in CMUCL. I looked at the
> functions index in the CMUCL documentation , at the CMUCL website, but
> I could not find any functions with deal with synchronization of
> processes. I found process-wait, process-kill etc but coulnd not find
> any for synchronization.
>
> Can someone guide me in this regard.
>
> Amit

Hi,

the CMUCL thread interface is based on CLIM. A brief description and
function reference can be found here:

http://www.ljosa.com/~ljosa/doc/encycmuclopedia/#multi-proc

Christian