From: Franz Kafka
Subject: Is there a web browser in ANSI CL?
How good is CL-HTTP?
How does it compair to Netscape Navagator, or Internet Explorer?
Are there any other Lisp based browsers?
Can I get CL-HTTL on CD?
What platforms does it run on?

Thanks.

From: Raymond Wiker
Subject: Re: Is there a web browser in ANSI CL?
"Franz Kafka" <·································@hotmail.com> writes:

> How good is CL-HTTP?
> How does it compair to Netscape Navagator, or Internet Explorer?
> Are there any other Lisp based browsers?
> Can I get CL-HTTL on CD?
> What platforms does it run on?

        If you had bothered to do a minimum of research, you would
have known that CL-HTTP is an HTTP *server*, not a client.

        For a reference to a browser written in CL, see
http://www.cliki.net.

--
Raymond Wiker                        Mail:  ·············@fast.no
Senior Software Engineer             Web:   http://www.fast.no/

Try FAST Search: http://alltheweb.com/
From: Marc Spitzer
"Franz Kafka" <·································@hotmail.com> writes:

> How good is CL-HTTP?
> How does it compair to Netscape Navagator, or Internet Explorer?
> Are there any other Lisp based browsers?
> Can I get CL-HTTL on CD?
> What platforms does it run on?
>
> Thanks.

You really would get better results if you did some microscopic amount
of research before asking questions that make you appear as a lazy
fool.  For example, combining question 1 and 2:

How does the web server CL-HTTP compare with the web browsers Netscape
Navigator and Internet Explorer in term of features?

See how this show's people how you did some research about the
products/projects in question?  You would then just be considered a
fool, this is a big step up.  You see being a fool may not be your
fault, being lazy is.

marc
From: Franz Kafka

> How does the web server CL-HTTP compare with the web browsers Netscape
> Navigator and Internet Explorer in term of features?

That's what I was trying to ask. I want to use it both as a server and a
browser--but before I downloaded from
the MIT web site I wanted to make sure that I could also use it as a web
browser.
From: Marc Spitzer
"Franz Kafka" <·································@hotmail.com> writes:

> > How does the web server CL-HTTP compare with the web browsers Netscape
> > Navigator and Internet Explorer in term of features?
> >

> That's what I was trying to ask. I want to use it both as a server and a
> browser--but before I downloaded from
> the MIT web site I wanted to make sure that I could also use it as a web
> browser.

Have you thought about the question you are asking?  There are 2 basic
questions involved:

1: what does a web server do?
        deliver content on request.
2: what does a web client do?
        render content into something readable.

aside from the fact that they talk to each other there is very little
overlap in the two processes.

And the last time I looked at the docs for CL-HTTP it did not contain
a browser.  You did remember to read the documentation before
bothering everyone else in this, right?

From your response I honestly cannot figure out if you are stupid or
lazy, so for now I will go with stupid(everyone is entitled to the
benefit of the doubt).  But you have been told that this is bad
behavior, so please stop.

It is not true that other peoples time is less important to them then
your time is important to them, stop acting that way.

marc
From: Tim Bradshaw
* Franz Kafka wrote:
> That's what I was trying to ask. I want to use it both as a server
> and a browser--but before I downloaded from the MIT web site I
> wanted to make sure that I could also use it as a web browser.

Erm.  Web servers and browsers are *different things* you know.