From: Florian Weimer
Subject: Comparing conditions
In a few test cases, I want to check that my code signals the expected
condition.  However, it seems to be quite hard to check that two
arbitrary condition objects have the same slot values.  Is there some
trick to do this which isn't too implementation-dependent?

I'm checking my own code, so I could tweak my condition types to make
things easier.  However, I'm not familiar with this area of Lisp at
all (I've started switching away from (ERROR "message") only
recently), and I'd appreciate suggestions what to do.
From: Pekka P. Pirinen
Subject: Re: Comparing conditions
> In a few test cases, I want to check that my code signals the expected
> condition.  However, it seems to be quite hard to check that two
> arbitrary condition objects have the same slot values.  Is there some
> trick to do this which isn't too implementation-dependent?

Define "same".

That's not just to remind you that any comparison provided by Lisp is
not necessarily what you needed
<http://www.nhplace.com/kent/PS/EQUAL.html>, but a concrete
suggestion: define a TEST:CONDITION-EQUAL method on each of your
condition types (hint: AND method combination type).
--
Pekka P. Pirinen
Climate is what you expect.  Weather is what you get.