From: Peter Seibel
Subject: Bay Area Lispniks, May 6th.
Bay Area Lispniks are getting together on May 6th at Franz Inc's
offices. Fritz Kunze, President of Franz will be giving a talk about
running a Lisp business. Some of us will be meeting before hand at Le
Cheval for dinner.

There are still some details to be sorted out so if you are interested
in attending, let me know and I'll add you to the mailing list where
the actual planning happens.

-Peter

  The intellectual level needed   for  system design is  in  general
  grossly  underestimated. I am  convinced  more than ever that this
  type of work is very difficult and that every effort to do it with
  other than the best people is doomed to either failure or moderate
  success at enormous expense. --Edsger Dijkstra

From: Paolo Amoroso
Subject: Re: Bay Area Lispniks, May 6th.
On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:35:16 GMT, Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com>
wrote:

> Bay Area Lispniks are getting together on May 6th at Franz Inc's
> offices. Fritz Kunze, President of Franz will be giving a talk about
> running a Lisp business. Some of us will be meeting before hand at Le

It would be great to have a short summary of that talk.

Paolo
--
Paolo Amoroso <·······@mclink.it>
From: Kenny Tilton
Paolo Amoroso wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:35:16 GMT, Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com>
> wrote:
>

>>Bay Area Lispniks are getting together on May 6th at Franz Inc's
>>offices. Fritz Kunze, President of Franz will be giving a talk about
>>running a Lisp business. Some of us will be meeting before hand at Le
>

> It would be great to have a short summary of that talk.

Great idea. And we should do something out here on the Least Coast to
share (with his kind consent) Thomas's upcoming Lispnyk song and dance.
I am thinking such sharing will energize and fuel the whole lispnik
phenomenon. lisp nyc may not hear kunze in person, but we can talk about
it at our following meeting if we have the text. likewise colorado can
do more than envy lisp nyc's landing of burdick, they can kick around
his ideas if we here in nyc do a little sharing.

--

  kenny tilton
  clinisys, inc
From: Tim Daly, Jr.

> Paolo Amoroso wrote:
> > On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:35:16 GMT, Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Bay Area Lispniks are getting together on May 6th at Franz Inc's
> >>offices. Fritz Kunze, President of Franz will be giving a talk about
> >>running a Lisp business. Some of us will be meeting before hand at Le
> > It would be great to have a short summary of that talk.
>
> Great idea. And we should do something out here on the Least Coast to
> share (with his kind consent) Thomas's upcoming Lispnyk song and
> dance. I am thinking such sharing will energize and fuel the whole
> lispnik phenomenon. lisp nyc may not hear kunze in person, but we can
> talk about it at our following meeting if we have the text. likewise
> colorado can do more than envy lisp nyc's landing of burdick, they can
> kick around his ideas if we here in nyc do a little sharing.

Ooh, shoot videos!!  I can't go to either, but I sure wish I could see
both.

-Tim

From: Marc Spitzer
···@tenkan.org (Tim Daly, Jr.) writes:

> Kenny Tilton <·······@nyc.rr.com> writes:
>
> > Paolo Amoroso wrote:

> > > It would be great to have a short summary of that talk.
> >
> > Great idea. And we should do something out here on the Least Coast to
> > share (with his kind consent) Thomas's upcoming Lispnyk song and
> > dance. I am thinking such sharing will energize and fuel the whole
> > lispnik phenomenon. lisp nyc may not hear kunze in person, but we can
> > talk about it at our following meeting if we have the text. likewise
> > colorado can do more than envy lisp nyc's landing of burdick, they can
> > kick around his ideas if we here in nyc do a little sharing.
> >

> Ooh, shoot videos!!  I can't go to either, but I sure wish I could see
> both.

Dare I make a lisp porn comment here???

marc
From: Bill Clementson

> Paolo Amoroso wrote:
> > On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:35:16 GMT, Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>Bay Area Lispniks are getting together on May 6th at Franz Inc's
> >>offices. Fritz Kunze, President of Franz will be giving a talk about
> >>running a Lisp business. Some of us will be meeting before hand at Le
> > It would be great to have a short summary of that talk.
>
> Great idea. And we should do something out here on the Least Coast to
> share (with his kind consent) Thomas's upcoming Lispnyk song and
> dance. I am thinking such sharing will energize and fuel the whole
> lispnik phenomenon. lisp nyc may not hear kunze in person, but we can
> talk about it at our following meeting if we have the text. likewise
> colorado can do more than envy lisp nyc's landing of burdick, they can
> kick around his ideas if we here in nyc do a little sharing.

I think it would be a great idea if each lisp user group posted a
summary of their meetings. In additon to c.l.l., it would be
worthwhile to post a summary to the ALU Wiki. That would give people an
idea of the types of discussions that are being held at different
groups. On the other hand, the summaries might look something like:

January meeting: drank beer
February meeting: drank beer
March meeting: drank beer ...

--
Bill Clementson
From: Peter Seibel
Paolo Amoroso <·······@mclink.it> writes:

> On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:35:16 GMT, Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Bay Area Lispniks are getting together on May 6th at Franz Inc's
> > offices. Fritz Kunze, President of Franz will be giving a talk about
> > running a Lisp business. Some of us will be meeting before hand at Le
>
> It would be great to have a short summary of that talk.

We'll see what we can do. Either of a *very* short summary or a huge
audio file of the whole thing can probably be easily arranged. A
sensible, comprehensible summary will require someone donating a bit
of time to write one up. But I wouldn't be surprised if that too could
be aranged.

From: Bill Clementson
Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com> writes:

> Paolo Amoroso <·······@mclink.it> writes:
>
> > On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 23:35:16 GMT, Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Bay Area Lispniks are getting together on May 6th at Franz Inc's
> > > offices. Fritz Kunze, President of Franz will be giving a talk about
> > > running a Lisp business. Some of us will be meeting before hand at Le
> >
> > It would be great to have a short summary of that talk.
>
> We'll see what we can do. Either of a *very* short summary or a huge
> audio file of the whole thing can probably be easily arranged. A
> sensible, comprehensible summary will require someone donating a bit
> of time to write one up. But I wouldn't be surprised if that too could
> be aranged.

My preference would be for a huge audio file - I would be interested in
hearing Fritz Kunze's entire talk. If he gives a presentation and has no
objections to having it made available, it would be nice to get a copy
of that too.

--
Bill Clementson
From: Paolo Amoroso
On Sun, 27 Apr 2003 21:15:53 GMT, Peter Seibel <·····@javamonkey.com>
wrote:

> We'll see what we can do. Either of a *very* short summary or a huge
> audio file of the whole thing can probably be easily arranged. A

Since I access the Internet via a slow dial-up link, the former--e.g. a
10-20 lines summary--would be fine for me. Thanks anyway,

Paolo
--
Paolo Amoroso <·······@mclink.it>