From: Jeff Caldwell
Subject: Bare-Bones CL Web Server Code?
If it's on Cliki, I missed it. Is there CL code available for that does
basic web server tasks, including CGI (GET or, hopefully, GET and POST),
and runs under CLISP or  some other "free" CL running under both
Linux/Unix and Windows (and possibly additional OSs)?  I'm looking for
something simple like AnalogX's SimpleServer, except written in CL.

(HTTP dot LSP is on Cliki but neither link works.)

From: Samir
Subject: Re: Bare-Bones CL Web Server Code?
Jeff Caldwell wrote:

> If it's on Cliki, I missed it. Is there CL code available for that does
> basic web server tasks, including CGI (GET or, hopefully, GET and POST),
> and runs under CLISP or  some other "free" CL running under both
> Linux/Unix and Windows (and possibly additional OSs)?  I'm looking for
> something simple like AnalogX's SimpleServer, except written in CL.
>
> (HTTP dot LSP is on Cliki but neither link works.)

check this page
Creating Dynamic Websites with Lisp and Apache
http://lisp.t2100cdt.kippona.net/lispy/home

Bye
Samir
From: Bill Clementson
Jeff Caldwell <·····@yahoo.com> writes:

> If it's on Cliki, I missed it. Is there CL code available for that
> does basic web server tasks, including CGI (GET or, hopefully, GET and
> POST), and runs under CLISP or  some other "free" CL running under
> both Linux/Unix and Windows (and possibly additional OSs)?  I'm
> looking for something simple like AnalogX's SimpleServer, except
> written in CL.

CLOCC has a basic http server in the donc directory that works with
CLISP. The link to CLOCC is:

http://clocc.sourceforge.net/

> (HTTP dot LSP is on Cliki but neither link works.)

Hmm, you're right, it doesn't seem to work at the moment. If you can
download a copy of it, you might have to make a couple of changes to get
it working on a later version of CLISP. Here's a link to a posting
explaining what I had to do to get it working:

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=wk8z232etd.fsf%40attbi.com&output=gplain

Also, if you're adventursome, you might want to start from the basic
(very basic) CLISP code Mark Watson provides in his free "Loving Lisp"
book. The book (and associated code) can be downloaded from:

http://www.markwatson.com/opencontent/

Hope that helps.

--
Bill Clementson
From: Jeff Caldwell
Thanks!

Jeff

From: synthespian
Jeff Caldwell wrote:
> If it's on Cliki, I missed it. Is there CL code available for that does
> basic web server tasks, including CGI (GET or, hopefully, GET and POST),
> and runs under CLISP or  some other "free" CL running under both
> Linux/Unix and Windows (and possibly additional OSs)?  I'm looking for
> something simple like AnalogX's SimpleServer, except written in CL.
>
> (HTTP dot LSP is on Cliki but neither link works.)

  Maybe you should also look at IMHO.
  One approach is to use Apache + mod_lisp on CMUCL/SBCL(?).
  PortableAllegroServe or AllegroServe is relatively straightforward,
but YMMV. Check the documentation for the AllegroServe at Franz. Doesn't
need Apache. CL-HTTP is probably great, but I can't figure it out yet.
Probably overkill. Needs multithreading. Araneida is another option. LSP
(where's the code?), too (if...).
  If you use CLISP you might want to use FastCGI with it to compensate
for lack of multithreading. Also look at LeSursis for CGI (doesn't
handle POST method).
  ACL, LW, Corman, CMUCL, SBCL (?) have multithreading. CLISP is most
portable.
  Check Loving Lisp book for an example and don't forget to chip in the
2 bucks Mark Watson gently asks for the download.
  There are at least 3 or 4 different way to generate HTML.
  Check Cliki again, there's a lot there.

  Regs.

  Henry