From: Erann Gat
Subject: [CRACL] Los Angeles Lisp Users Group meeting
The next meeting of CRACL, the Lisp users group for the greater Los
Angeles area, will be this Sunday, April 27th, 7 PM at

The Red Lion Tavern

2366 Glendale Blvd

Los Angeles, CA 90039-3209

(323) 662-5337

We will convene upstairs in the Wine Cellar, beneath the auspices of Sylvia.

Should there be any difficulty locating us, please ask for her.

CRACL stands for the Campaign for Real Ale and Common Lisp in Los
Angeles, and complete information concerning our activities and endeavors can
be found on our site:

http://www.jugtouch.com/~rss/lisp/

From: Erann Gat
Subject: Reminder: CRACL meets this Sunday
Just a reminder:

From: Henrik Motakef
Subject: Lispniks Cologne too (was: Reminder: CRACL meets this Sunday)
Those too far away from LA to join CRACL might consider joining the
Lispniks Cologne instead, at universal time 3260448000 in the Bistro
Borsalino (http://www.restaurant-borsalino.de), Z�lpicher Str. 7,
Cologne, Germany.

cu
Henrik

P.S. Just in case I fucked up with the time zone, that is 18.00 local time
     this sunday.
From: Erann Gat
This is interesting.  The Americans are meeting in a German beer hall.
The Germans are meeting in an Italian bistro.  I wonder where the Italians
are meeting?

:-)

E.

From: Petter Gustad
···@jpl.nasa.gov (Erann Gat) writes:

> This is interesting.  The Americans are meeting in a German beer hall.
> The Germans are meeting in an Italian bistro.  I wonder where the Italians
> are meeting?

The Norwegians met at the Irish pub :-)

Petter
Petter Gustad         8'h2B | ~8'h2B        http://www.gustad.com/petter
From: Marc Spitzer
Petter Gustad <·············@gustad.com> writes:

> ···@jpl.nasa.gov (Erann Gat) writes:
>
> > This is interesting.  The Americans are meeting in a German beer hall.
> > The Germans are meeting in an Italian bistro.  I wonder where the Italians
> > are meeting?
>
> The Norwegians met at the Irish pub :-)

Well us NYC types meet in a sports bar.

marc
From: Kenny Tilton
Marc Spitzer wrote:
> Petter Gustad <·············@gustad.com> writes:
>

>>···@jpl.nasa.gov (Erann Gat) writes:
>>

>>>This is interesting.  The Americans are meeting in a German beer hall.
>>>The Germans are meeting in an Italian bistro.  I wonder where the Italians
>>>are meeting?
>>
>>The Norwegians met at the Irish pub :-)
>

> Well us NYC types meet in a sports bar.

...staffed by Israelis.

--

  kenny tilton
  clinisys, inc
From: Bill Clementson
Marc Spitzer <········@optonline.net> writes:

> Petter Gustad <·············@gustad.com> writes:
>
> > ···@jpl.nasa.gov (Erann Gat) writes:
> >
> > > This is interesting.  The Americans are meeting in a German beer hall.
> > > The Germans are meeting in an Italian bistro.  I wonder where the Italians
> > > are meeting?
> >
> > The Norwegians met at the Irish pub :-)
>
> Well us NYC types meet in a sports bar.

In Colorado, we're meeting in a microbrew pub - no cheap, commercial
poison for us! ;-)

--
Bill Clementson
From: Thomas F. Burdick
Bill Clementson <·······@attbi.com> writes:

> Marc Spitzer <········@optonline.net> writes:
>
> > Petter Gustad <·············@gustad.com> writes:

> > > The Norwegians met at the Irish pub :-)
> >
> > Well us NYC types meet in a sports bar.
>
> In Colorado, we're meeting in a microbrew pub - no cheap, commercial
> poison for us! ;-)

Wow, I forget how spoiled we are out here on the Best Coast -- since
when are sports bars and good beer at odds with each other?

--
           /|_     .-----------------------.
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |
From: Kenny Tilton
Bill Clementson wrote:
> Marc Spitzer <········@optonline.net> writes:
>

>>Petter Gustad <·············@gustad.com> writes:

>>>The Norwegians met at the Irish pub :-)
>>
>>Well us NYC types meet in a sports bar.
>

> In Colorado, we're meeting in a microbrew pub - no cheap, commercial
> poison for us! ;-)

Non-commecial microbrews? Do you mean free, as in open software?

Anyway, the microbrew fad ended a couple of years ago in the Big Apple.
Still hanging on out west?

:)

From: Thomas F. Burdick

> Bill Clementson wrote:
> > Marc Spitzer <········@optonline.net> writes:

> >>Well us NYC types meet in a sports bar.
> > In Colorado, we're meeting in a microbrew pub - no cheap, commercial
> > poison for us! ;-)
> >

> Non-commecial microbrews? Do you mean free, as in open software?

I've seen not-for-profit microbrews, but they were proprietary -- I'm
still searching for the elusive GNU Beer.

> Anyway, the microbrew fad ended a couple of years ago in the Big
> Apple. Still hanging on out west?
>
> :)

I can only speak for the Coast here, but decent, local beer is
probably here for as long as decent, local wine.  It stopped being
trendy years ago...

--
           /|_     .-----------------------.
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |
From: Michael Sullivan
Subject: Re: Lispniks Cologne too
Thomas F. Burdick <···@conquest.OCF.Berkeley.EDU> wrote:

> I can only speak for the Coast here, but decent, local beer is
> probably here for as long as decent, local wine.  It stopped being
> trendy years ago...

Well, the first part of that holds here (in CT, but I would guess NYC as
well).  The difference is that you couldn't get decent local wine until
around 15 years ago either.  I imagine that time frame is a bit longer
in the city.

Michael, of course -- it existed -- but you had to know people.
From: Bill Clementson

> Anyway, the microbrew fad ended a couple of years ago in the Big
> Apple. Still hanging on out west?

Yeah, we don't jump from fad to fad as quickly as you east coast and
west coast guys. :)

I live in Boulder which has a population of about 100k and we have at
least 6 local microbreweries in Boulder itself and none of them seem
about to go out of business anytime soon. So, I guess you could say
we're still hanging on out here. ;-)

--
Bill Clementson
From: Paolo Amoroso
On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:57:49 -0700, ···@jpl.nasa.gov (Erann Gat) wrote:

> This is interesting.  The Americans are meeting in a German beer hall.
> The Germans are meeting in an Italian bistro.  I wonder where the Italians
> are meeting?

We still have to discuss this issue. But we will probably meet at an
Italian restaurant for providing a base case: stack space is limited, we
have to exit recursion sooner or later.

Paolo
--
Paolo Amoroso <·······@mclink.it>