From: Vincent Foley
Subject: Cocoa devel in Lisp
Hi, I am a MacOS X user and I would like to develop Cocoa apps using
Lisp (I am not too fond of Obj-C).  I read that OpenMCL has Cocoa
support, but when I downloaded the 0.13.4 version and typed (require
'cocoa), I got an error message saying that package did not exist.

Anyone has points for Lisp/Cocoa development?  Thanks.

Vincent.

--

Vincent Foley-Bourgon
Email: ········@iquebec.com
From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: Cocoa devel in Lisp
In article <······················@weber.videotron.net>,
 Vincent Foley <········@iquebec.com> wrote:

> Hi, I am a MacOS X user and I would like to develop Cocoa apps using
> Lisp (I am not too fond of Obj-C).  I read that OpenMCL has Cocoa
> support, but when I downloaded the 0.13.4 version and typed (require
> 'cocoa), I got an error message saying that package did not exist.

You need the binaries AND the sources for OpenMCL. The
Cocoa examples are in the source distribution.

Make sure you use the mailing lists for specific
OpenMCL questions:

> Anyone has points for Lisp/Cocoa development?  Thanks.

Xanalys is working on a new port of LispWorks. It has
not been released yet, but it is currently in beta testing.
LispWorks 4.3 for Macintosh will run under Mac OS X and
its CAPI cross platform GUI library uses Cocoa.