From: Arthur T. Murray
Subject: Re: The Hundred Year Language
"Charles Pritchard" <·····@visc.us> wrote on Sat, 12 Apr 2003:

> The article is a bit long, but I thought it was a good read:
> http://www.paulgraham.com/hundred.html
>
> First Paragraph:
>  It's hard to predict what life will be like in a hundred years.
> There are only a few things we can say with certainty. We know
> that everyone will drive flying cars, that zoning laws will be
> relaxed to allow buildings hundreds of stories tall, that it will
> be dark most of the time, and that women will all be trained
> in the martial arts. Today I want to zoom in on one detail of
> this picture. What kind of programming language will they use
> to write the software controlling those flying cars?

A pure language of thought will obviate the need for
http://mind.sourceforge.net/lisp.html -- LISP -- and
all the other archaic programming languages.

Some ineradicably necessary embedded systems may still use
http://mind.sourceforge.net/forth.html -- Forth-- but other
programming languages will have been replaced with neurons.

Mentifex
--
http://mentifex.futureai.com/theory5.html -- AI4U Theory of Mind;
http://mentifex.futureai.com/jsaimind.html -- Tutorial "Mind-1.1"