From: IFB
Subject: Animation using Lisp
Can anyone tell me where I might examples of Lisp used to create animations,
or webpage links where I might find further information on this subject?
Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Ronnie

From: Tim Lavoie
Subject: Re: Animation using Lisp

    Ronnie> Can anyone tell me where I might examples of Lisp used to
    Ronnie> create animations, or webpage links where I might find
    Ronnie> further information on this subject?  Any help you can
    Ronnie> provide would be most appreciated.

One place you should definitely check out is Steve May's AL (Animation
Language) site, at http://www.cgrg.ohio-state.edu/~smay/AL/ .

It's based on Scheme (yeah, yeah, I know...), but should be a good
spot to start. It makes for a nifty framework for procedural
animation, with some GUI tools as well. Output is Renderman code.

His "Butterflies in the Rain" animation is really sweet, the link is
at the bottom of the page. I won't spoil it, but it all starts from a
MIDI track, and proceeds from there.

--
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the
subject."
From: JP Massar

http://www.franz.com/success/customer_apps/animation_graphics/
From: Steven M. Haflich
IFB wrote:
> Can anyone tell me where I might examples of Lisp used to create animations,
> or webpage links where I might find further information on this subject?
> Any help you can provide would be most appreciated.

See http://www.dynamiclearningcenter.com/samples/ray-tracing/index.html

For a quick sample, browse to
http://www.dynamiclearningcenter.com/samples/ray-tracing/spheres.html
then click "Preload H2)" and then "Render BMP Image".

(Of course, also see http://www.dynamiclearningcenter.com/)

This isn't quite animation, but is an educational extension to Paul Graham's
ray tracing sample code that I wrote some time ago.  One of the suggested
extensions is animation...