From: gnuist006
Subject: Changing key bindings + rebinding keys + what function is C-x C-h bound to?
I want to remove a key binding such as ESC-d and instead put a whole
range of key bindings

ESC-d a
ESC-d b
ESC-d c
etc.

Or remove key binding such as C-d and replace with a whole range of
key bindings such as

C-d a
C-d b
C-d c
etc.

While on this, can anyone tell what function are the keys
C-x C-h bound to although they give all key global bindings.
I could not find what it was bound to using describe-key and
so is a little tricky.

keywords:
rebinding keys
From: Kai =?iso-8859-15?q?Gro=DFjohann?=
·········@hotmail.com (gnuist006) writes:

> I want to remove a key binding such as ESC-d and instead put a whole
> range of key bindings
>
> ESC-d a
> ESC-d b
> ESC-d c
> etc.

Yes.  What is the problem, though?  What did you try, what happened
when you tried it, what did you expect to happen?

> While on this, can anyone tell what function are the keys
> C-x C-h bound to although they give all key global bindings.
> I could not find what it was bound to using describe-key and
> so is a little tricky.

I think there is hard-wired logic in Emacs so that hitting C-h in an
incomplete key sequence shows you all the possibilities.  So hitting
C-h at that spot doesn't invoke a keybinding the normal way.

But now you know what it does, so you don't need describe-key anymore...

kai