From: thelifter
Subject: Graphics library for CLISP?
One of the advantages of Java, is that it already comes with good
system-independent graphics support. Is there the same available for
CLISP?

Thanks for answers...

From: Matthew Danish
Subject: Re: Graphics library for CLISP?

http://ww.telent.net/cliki/Graphics%20Toolkit

--
; Matthew Danish <·······@andrew.cmu.edu>
; Signed or encrypted mail welcome.
From: Wade Humeniuk
The answer is probably not.  But do you personally use Java for system-independent graphics support?
If you do its unlikely you would have the time to post to c.l.l.  :)

Wade

·································@posting.google.com...

From: Kaz Kylheku
·········@gmx.net (thelifter) wrote in message news:<····························@posting.google.com>...
> One of the advantages of Java, is that it already comes with good
> system-independent graphics support. Is there the same available for
> CLISP?

To me, ``good'' would mean, in this context: ``Generates interfaces
that look, feel and perform exactly like the native widget set of the
underlying graphical platform.''
From: Christopher Browne
In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, ···@ashi.footprints.net (Kaz Kylheku) transmitted:
> ·········@gmx.net (thelifter) wrote in message news:<····························@posting.google.com>...
>> One of the advantages of Java, is that it already comes with good
>> system-independent graphics support. Is there the same available for
>> CLISP?

> To me, ``good'' would mean, in this context: ``Generates interfaces
> that look, feel and perform exactly like the native widget set of
> the underlying graphical platform.''

As far as I'm concerned, ``good'' would at least start with the notion
that something actually existed.

As far as I can tell, there is no system-independent graphics support
for CLISP.  There may be something offered with ACL or LispWorks, but
not, as far as I can tell, for CLISP.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string ·············@" "enworbbc"))
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/commonlisp.html
From: Donald Fisk
thelifter wrote:

> One of the advantages of Java, is that it already comes with good
> system-independent graphics support. Is there the same available for
> CLISP?

I don't know about system-independent, but it normally comes with
CLX, which is X-windows based.   There is also Garnet.

Le Hibou
--
Dalinian: Lisp. Java. Which one sounds sexier?
RevAaron: Definitely Lisp. Lisp conjures up images of hippy coders,
From: Tobias Andersson
> I don't know about system-independent, but it normally comes with
> CLX, which is X-windows based.   There is also Garnet.

Who maintains Garnet these days?

······················@enterprise.net...

From: Thomas F. Burdick
"Tobias Andersson" <·······················@optosweden.se> writes:

> > I don't know about system-independent, but it normally comes with
> > CLX, which is X-windows based.   There is also Garnet.
>
> Who maintains Garnet these days?

garnetlisp.sf.net took over where Fred Gilham left off.  I haven't
looked at their distribution yet, though, because the one I'm using
works fine.  When I try to get it running under X11 on Mac OS X, I'll
probably check it out and submit any patches if it needs it.

--
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |
From: Paolo Amoroso
On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:27:11 +0200, "Tobias Andersson"
<·······················@optosweden.se> wrote:

> Who maintains Garnet these days?

There is a SourceForge project called garnet-lisp.

Paolo
http://www.paoloamoroso.it/ency/README