From: ilias
Subject: LISP - Assholes
assholes.

plural of asshole.

asshole.

a 'bad' word for "anus".

anus.

people would die without it.

why?

from their own excrements.

excrements.

a 'good' word for "shit".

shit.

the 'product' of assholes.

'product'.

the asshole throws it out.

out of the body of the human.

thus an asshole is something very worthfull.

it is more worth than our ability to think.

-

i don't mean our instincts.

which help us to survive.

i mean our intelligence.

which leads to selfdestruction.

the human intellingence.

this wonderfull desaster.

-

please decoulpe with precision.

asshole from his products.

intelligence from his products.

-

use your ability to think.

and never forget!

whatever your intelligence produces.

your asshole remains more worthfull.

this is a good fundament for creative work.

i think its time to start.

-

limits.

awareness.

senselessness.

The Spirit of Lisp.

-

From: Will Deakin
Subject: Re: LISP - Assholes
As in: "Come, Holy Ghost, our souls inspire,
and lighten with celestial fire;
thou the anointing Spirit art,
who dost thy seven-fold gifts impart" ?

;)w
From: Udo Zallmann
ilias wrote:

> assholes.
[blurb snipped]

Could you tell us what that has got to do with Scheme?

udo
--
Wozu mit Kanonen auf Spatzen schie�en, wenn man Atombomben hat?
From: Christopher Browne
Oops! Udo Zallmann <·········@hotmail.com> was seen spray-painting on a wall:
> ilias wrote:
>
>> assholes.
> [blurb snipped]
>
> Could you tell us what that has got to do with Scheme?

Probably as much as you'd have to look forward to in the future if the
Gentle Poster decides to move from comp.lang.lisp to comp.lang.scheme.

Suggestion:

Read the Tim Rue FAQ: <http://makeashorterlink.com/?A130148B1>

And follow the key rule for dealing with Net.Kooks, which is to
/just ignore them/.

Net.Kooks 'feed,' rather like vampires, on your responses, so that
flaming them amounts to /encouraging/ them to continue.

A passive-aggressive response is traditionally the best one,
recommending, offline, that those that feel like flaming back try to
hold themselves back.

The scenario where it doesn't work is when a newsgroup becomes the
"feeding ground" for /several/ Net.Kooks.  They can feed off each
other, and then you've got a /real/ disaster...  But that doesn't seem
to be the case here.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string ·············@" "sirhc"))
http://cbbrowne.com/info/news.html#NETKOOKS
From: Petr Swedock
Christopher Browne <········@acm.org> writes:

> Oops! Udo Zallmann <·········@hotmail.com> was seen spray-painting on a wall:
> > ilias wrote:
> >
> >> assholes.
> > [blurb snipped]
> >
> > Could you tell us what that has got to do with Scheme?
>
> Probably as much as you'd have to look forward to in the future if the
> Gentle Poster decides to move from comp.lang.lisp to comp.lang.scheme.
>
> Suggestion:
>
> Read the Tim Rue FAQ: <http://makeashorterlink.com/?A130148B1>
>
> And follow the key rule for dealing with Net.Kooks, which is to
> /just ignore them/.

A mail list, to which I subscribe, has (surprise, surprise) the
same problem.  We've taken to the shorthand DNFTEC -- Do Not
Feed The Energy Creature -- and simply reply with that to those
who reply to said Energy Creature.

Peace,

Petr
From: ilias
Christopher Browne wrote:
> Oops! Udo Zallmann <·········@hotmail.com> was seen spray-painting on a wall:
>
>>ilias wrote:
>>

>>>assholes.
>>
>>[blurb snipped]
>>
>>Could you tell us what that has got to do with Scheme?
>

> Probably as much as you'd have to look forward to in the future if the
> Gentle Poster decides to move from comp.lang.lisp to comp.lang.scheme.
>
> Suggestion:
>
> Read the Tim Rue FAQ: <http://makeashorterlink.com/?A130148B1>

repetition.

be creative.

find something new.
From: Udo Zallmann
ilias wrote:

>> Read the Tim Rue FAQ: <http://makeashorterlink.com/?A130148B1>

> repetition.

Ack.

> be creative.

Why?

> find something new.

Why?

udo
--
Wozu mit Kanonen auf Spatzen schie�en, wenn man Atombomben hat?
From: Udo Zallmann
Christopher Browne wrote:

> And follow the key rule for dealing with Net.Kooks, which is to
> /just ignore them/.

> Net.Kooks 'feed,' rather like vampires, on your responses, so that
> flaming them amounts to /encouraging/ them to continue.

Sometimes I like feeding the trolls...  ;)

udo
--
Wozu mit Kanonen auf Spatzen schie�en, wenn man Atombomben hat?