From: Bulent Murtezaoglu
Subject: annotea
I just got around to playing with annotea. (http://annotest.w3.org/annotations).

It looks like a neat idea and works reasonably well with amaya (haven't
tried mozilla yet).  The first thought that came to my mind was to use it
alongside the hyperspec to provide additional clarifications, examples etc.
One can conceive of many ways of doing it and having some kind of smarts
based on user profiles built on top of it (eg experienced users might prefer
guru-ish annotations, while newbies might want other newbies' short accounts
of how they got their crucial insight).  It alsoe seems possible to annotate
using links to group efforts (the cookbook, usenet thread summaries (with
permission of course!) etc).

Anyway, I am in no shape to do anything substantial with it right now but
I'd like to hear what others think after playing with it.

cheers,

BM
From: Tim Bradshaw
Subject: Re: annotea
* Bulent Murtezaoglu wrote:

> Anyway, I am in no shape to do anything substantial with it right now but
> I'd like to hear what others think after playing with it.

I think it's a nice idea.  I haven't really used it in anger, but the
idea of being able to make annotations to some canonical document
without perturbing it is obviously quite nice.  I think that something
along these lines was talked about a little while ago in cll actually.

--tim