From: ilias
Subject: LISP - Xanalys LispWorks / Franz Allegro - which one fails?
The Scary Readtable #V0.5 is out.
················@pontos.net
·····················································@pontos.net

and *maybe* this became true:

*Xanalys LispWorks is the incorrect implementation*

:::short-form of claim:
(set-syntax-from-char #\] #\) ) ;    => T
(set-syntax-from-char #\[ #\( ) ;    => T
[+ 3 2]                         ;ncs => 5

On Windows:

Franz Allegro    : does *not* execute  the line [+ 3 2].
Xalanys Lispworks:            executes the line [+ 3 2].

Implementation-specific behaviour?

Look at the lines again:

(set-syntax-from-char #\] #\) ) ;    => T
(set-syntax-from-char #\[ #\( ) ;    => T

Essential core functionality.

There is no tolerance.

C.l.l. don't cares?

The vendors don't care?

Or is there a 'secret agreement'?

Don't fight about syntax and standard-implementations.

I don't know.

I know that one implementation is not conforming.

If you think that Franz Allegro does the right thing,

then there is only one conclusion:

*Xanalys LispWorks is the incorrect implementation*

From: Espen Vestre
ilias <·······@pontos.net> writes:

> The vendors don't care?
>
> Or is there a 'secret agreement'?

Ok, now that's it no secret anymore: Of course! The standard is
deliberately unclear in order to confuse bastards who want to pollute
the dearest part our beloved syntax, to make them either give up and
join the club, or go back to the curly place they come from.
--
  (espen)
From: Tim Bradshaw
* Espen Vestre wrote:

> Ok, now that's it no secret anymore: Of course! The standard is
> deliberately unclear in order to confuse bastards who want to pollute
> the dearest part our beloved syntax, to make them either give up and
> join the club, or go back to the curly place they come from.

It's still a secret.  The black helicopters have already been
dispatched, and the usenet neuralizer is about to be deployed.

Please watch the screen closely and do not turn your computer off.

--tim
From: Marco Antoniotti
Tim Bradshaw <···@cley.com> writes:

> * Espen Vestre wrote:
>
> > Ok, now that's it no secret anymore: Of course! The standard is
> > deliberately unclear in order to confuse bastards who want to pollute
> > the dearest part our beloved syntax, to make them either give up and
> > join the club, or go back to the curly place they come from.
>
> It's still a secret.  The black helicopters have already been
> dispatched, and the usenet neuralizer is about to be deployed.

What is a neuralizer? :)

> Please watch the screen closely and do not turn your computer off.

Am I wantching a screen? :)

Cheers

715 Broadway 10th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
                    "Hello New York! We'll do what we can!"
                           Bill Murray in `Ghostbusters'.
From: Rob Warnock
Marco Antoniotti  <·······@cs.nyu.edu> wrote:
+---------------
| Tim Bradshaw <···@cley.com> writes:
| > * Espen Vestre wrote:
| > > Ok, now that's it no secret anymore: Of course!
| >
| > It's still a secret.  The black helicopters have already been
| > dispatched, and the usenet neuralizer is about to be deployed.
|
| What is a neuralizer? :)
+---------------

Use the Web, Luke!!

Oh, o.k., if you insist. It's the gadget Tommy Lee Jones is
holding up in this picture:

	<URL:http://www.splicedonline.com/97reviews/mib.html>

-Rob

-----
Rob Warnock, PP-ASEL-IA		<····@rpw3.org>
627 26th Avenue			<URL:http://www.rpw3.org/>
San Mateo, CA 94403		(650)572-2607
From: Marco Antoniotti
····@rpw3.org (Rob Warnock) writes:

> Marco Antoniotti  <·······@cs.nyu.edu> wrote:
> +---------------
> | Tim Bradshaw <···@cley.com> writes:
> | >
> | > It's still a secret.  The black helicopters have already been
> | > dispatched, and the usenet neuralizer is about to be deployed.
> |
> | What is a neuralizer? :)
> +---------------
>
> Use the Web, Luke!!
>
> Oh, o.k., if you insist. It's the gadget Tommy Lee Jones is
> holding up in this picture:
>
> 	<URL:http://www.splicedonline.com/97reviews/mib.html>

Darn!  I had forgotten!  I don't remember if I saw the movie either.
It did come out in 97 didn't it?  :)

From: Joe Marshall
"Rob Warnock" <····@rpw3.org> wrote in message ···················@corp.supernews.com...
> Marco Antoniotti  <·······@cs.nyu.edu> wrote:
> +---------------
> | Tim Bradshaw <···@cley.com> writes:
> | >
> | > It's still a secret.  The black helicopters have already been
> | > dispatched, and the usenet neuralizer is about to be deployed.
> |
> | What is a neuralizer? :)
> +---------------
>
> Use the Web, Luke!!
>
> Oh, o.k., if you insist. It's the gadget Tommy Lee Jones is
> holding up in this picture:
>
> <URL:http://www.splicedonline.com/97reviews/mib.html>

There's an animated GIF of it at ... um ... somewhere...
what were we talking about?
From: Marco Antoniotti
"Joe Marshall" <·············@attbi.com> writes:

> "Rob Warnock" <····@rpw3.org> wrote in message ···················@corp.supernews.com...
> > Marco Antoniotti  <·······@cs.nyu.edu> wrote:
> > +---------------

> > | What is a neuralizer? :)
> > +---------------
> >
> > Use the Web, Luke!!
> >
> > Oh, o.k., if you insist. It's the gadget Tommy Lee Jones is
> > holding up in this picture:
> >
> > <URL:http://www.splicedonline.com/97reviews/mib.html>
> >

> There's an animated GIF of it at ... um ... somewhere...
> what were we talking about?

I don't remember.

Who is 'ilias'?

From: Paolo Amoroso