From: c hore
Subject: Lisp Job Central
Is there
or should or can there be

a main - central - canonical
maintained - up-to-date
web

listing of
or listing of listings of

Lisp job advertisements
?

----
(The listing at Franz for non-Franz positions
 seems to be stale, consisting of jobs postings
 dated from January 2000 to November 2001.  No
 new Lisp jobs since then?  Or no one bothers
 to post there anymore because it is
 vendor-specific; or not thought to be
 high traffic?  In which case, back to the
 original question...)
From: Coby Beck
Subject: Re: Lisp Job Central
"c hore" <·······@yahoo.com> wrote in message
·································@posting.google.com...
> Is there
> or should or can there be
>
> a main - central - canonical
> maintained - up-to-date
> web
>
> listing of
> or listing of listings of
>
> Lisp job advertisements
> ?

Is there:     no (not that I know of)
should there: value judgment
can there:    yes, but someone needs to do it!

If you want to use lisp for work, my best advice is be ready to move.  The
jobs are few and far between and you have a better chance if you can follow
them.  They seem to be (a little) concentrated in Massachusetts and in
California.  I have lived in four cities and three countries trying to stay
working in lisp, so far so good!

> ----
> (The listing at Franz for non-Franz positions
>  seems to be stale, consisting of jobs postings
>  dated from January 2000 to November 2001.  No
>  new Lisp jobs since then?  Or no one bothers
>  to post there anymore because it is
>  vendor-specific; or not thought to be
>  high traffic?  In which case, back to the
>  original question...)

Many of these companies are still active and do look from time to time.

try flipdog.com (used to be great, seems a bit less reliable now)
and dice.com

also google.com search for <lisp AND (job OR career) opportunities> or some
such, then wade through the thousands of returns....depressing, but NOT
hopeless.

--
Coby Beck