From: derek
Subject: Very simple request for version help
Greetings all,
  I know nothing of clisp but need to get the version number from a
machine that I have to manage.  Can you provide me with the proper
syntax to obtain this information from the command line?  I am sorry
to waste your time with such an elementary question but perhaps you
can set me straight.

Thanks in advance,
derek
From: Christopher Browne
Subject: Re: Very simple request for version help
Quoth ··········@hotmail.com (derek):
> Greetings all,
>   I know nothing of clisp but need to get the version number from a
> machine that I have to manage.  Can you provide me with the proper
> syntax to obtain this information from the command line?  I am sorry
> to waste your time with such an elementary question but perhaps you
> can set me straight.

You might try running:

% clisp --help

which would tell you that you'd expect something like the following to
work...

% clisp --version
GNU CLISP 2.28 (released 2002-03-03) (built on porkchop [127.0.0.1])
Features:
(CLOS LOOP COMPILER CLISP ANSI-CL COMMON-LISP LISP=CL INTERPRETER
SOCKETS GENERIC-STREAMS LOGICAL-PATHNAMES SCREEN FFI GETTEXT UNICODE
 BASE-CHAR=CHARACTER PC386 UNIX)
%
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string ··········@" "enworbbc"))