From: Delaregue
Subject: CLOS book recommendation
Would you recommend "Object Oriented Programming in Common LISP" by
Sonya keene to learn CLOS in terms of clarity, exhaustivity and value?

Reading CLOS coverage by Paul Graham and Peter Norvig left me
"hungry"!

Thank you.

From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: CLOS book recommendation
In article <····························@posting.google.com>,
 ·········@netscape.net (Delaregue) wrote:

> Would you recommend "Object Oriented Programming in Common LISP" by
> Sonya keene to learn CLOS in terms of clarity, exhaustivity and value?

Yes.
From: Pascal Costanza
Delaregue wrote:

> Would you recommend "Object Oriented Programming in Common LISP" by
> Sonya keene to learn CLOS in terms of clarity, exhaustivity and value?

This book has been recommended several times, but I haven't read it yet.
I have found the following overview paper to be very helpful.

* Linda G. DeMichiel and Richard Gabriel, The Common Lisp Object System:
An Overview

You can find it at http://www.dreamsongs.com/Essays.html

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza               University of Bonn
···············@web.de        Institute of Computer Science III
From: Paolo Amoroso
On 9 Sep 2002 02:41:56 -0700, ·········@netscape.net (Delaregue) wrote:

> Would you recommend "Object Oriented Programming in Common LISP" by
> Sonya keene to learn CLOS in terms of clarity, exhaustivity and value?

Definitely.

Paolo
http://www.paoloamoroso.it/ency/README