From: Lars Brinkhoff
Subject: Common Lisp Dictionary
Anyone know anything about the apparently brand new book Common Lisp
Dictionary by Milner?

--
Lars Brinkhoff          http://lars.nocrew.org/     Linux, GCC, PDP-10,
Brinkhoff Consulting    http://www.brinkhoff.se/    HTTP programming

From: Erik Naggum
Subject: Re: Common Lisp Dictionary
* Lars Brinkhoff
| Anyone know anything about the apparently brand new book Common Lisp
| Dictionary by Milner?

  No.  It is unknown to Amazon.com, too.  Tell us what you know, please.

--
Erik Naggum, Oslo, Norway

From: Christopher Browne
In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, Erik Naggum <····@naggum.no> transmitted:
> * Lars Brinkhoff
> | Anyone know anything about the apparently brand new book Common Lisp
> | Dictionary by Milner?
>
>   No.  It is unknown to Amazon.com, too.  Tell us what you know, please.

It seems unknown to Google.com, too.  There seem to be a couple of
Milners that have written things about Common Lisp, but none of them
are a "Dictionary," and none seem terribly recent...
--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" ·@acm.org")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/internet.html
From: Edi Weitz
Christopher Browne <········@acm.org> writes:

> In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, Erik Naggum
> <····@naggum.no> transmitted:
> > * Lars Brinkhoff
> > | Anyone know anything about the apparently brand new book Common
> > | Lisp Dictionary by Milner?
> >
> >   No.  It is unknown to Amazon.com, too.  Tell us what you know,
> >   please.
>
> It seems unknown to Google.com, too.

<http://216.239.51.100/search?q=cache:jr0nCdi5tlMC:www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/269807/ref%3Dbr_bx_c_2_2/+milner+common+lisp+dictionary&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&client=googlet>

Edi.
From: Edi Weitz
Erik Naggum <····@naggum.no> writes:

> * Lars Brinkhoff
> | Anyone know anything about the apparently brand new book Common Lisp
> | Dictionary by Milner?
>
>   No.  It is unknown to Amazon.com, too.  Tell us what you know, please.

Amazon.de doesn't find it either. But Amazon in the UK does:

  <http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0131583611>

Not much information, though, but at least an ISBN and a release date.

Edi.
From: Richard Krush
Edi Weitz <···@agharta.de> writes:

> Amazon.de doesn't find it either. But Amazon in the UK does:
>
>   <http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0131583611>
>
> Not much information, though, but at least an ISBN and a release date.

Perhaps the lack of information is due to the fact that (according to
Amazon.co.uk) the book is not yet released. The release day is said to be
September 30, 2002.

Regards,
 Richard

--
 Richard Krushelnitskiy   "I know not with what weapons World War III will
 rkrush (at) gmx.net       be fought, but World War IV will be fought with
From: Lars Brinkhoff
Erik Naggum <····@naggum.no> writes:
> * Lars Brinkhoff
> | Anyone know anything about the apparently brand new book Common Lisp
> | Dictionary by Milner?
>   No.  It is unknown to Amazon.com, too.  Tell us what you know, please.

I stumbled across it on this Swedish site:
http://www.bokus.com/cs/1031408359/cgi-bin/more_book_info.cgi?ISBN=0131583611

Googling for "Common Lisp Dictionary" I also found the Amazon UK page,
but that didn't say much either.

A catalog search at the publisher, Prentice-Hall, didn't turn up
anything, neither at www.prenhall.com nor www.pearsoneduc.com.
www.prenhall.co.uk isn't accessible now.

From: Pascal Costanza
Lars Brinkhoff wrote:
> Anyone know anything about the apparently brand new book Common Lisp
> Dictionary by Milner?

The author's website is at http://www.frii.com/~wmilner/ but it doesn't
give any information either.

Is someone willing to contact him?

Pascal
From: Lars Brinkhoff
Pascal Costanza <········@web.de> writes:
> Lars Brinkhoff wrote:
> > Anyone know anything about the apparently brand new book Common Lisp
> > Dictionary by Milner?
> The author's website is at http://www.frii.com/~wmilner/ but it
> doesn't give any information either.  Is someone willing to contact
> him?

I did.  Here's what she wrote me back:

  Several years ago, I had a proposal in for the dictionary. However,
  before I could complete it, another publisher put one out. Thus, I
  never finished mine. It was a Reference manual with all the
  functions listed alphabetically and fully defined.

  Where did you get the information on the book? This seems like very
  out of date information.