From: Neel
Subject: Completions list in Emacs
Hi:

Where would I get the code that enables and shows completions of file
names, just like when I try to open a file as in C-x C-f t <spacebar>
gives me a list of all files that begin with "t"

Appreciate your help.

-- Neel
From: Kai =?iso-8859-15?q?Gro=DFjohann?=
Subject: Re: Completions list in Emacs
··········@hotmail.com (Neel) writes:

> Where would I get the code that enables and shows completions of file
> names, just like when I try to open a file as in C-x C-f t <spacebar>
> gives me a list of all files that begin with "t"

If you want to write a function that reads a filename, look at the
documentation for `interactive' -- type C-h f interactive RET.

A lower-level feature is completing-read.

A medium-level feature is read-file-name.

kai