From: Jacktian
Subject: How to load a batch of files in common-lisp?
In common I use eg.
(compile-file "/tmp/hello.lisp") and
(load "/tmp/hello.fasl")
to load  a file into common-lisp enviroment.

But when I have thousands of files, it seems difficult to load the
files one by one.  I wonder if there is any easier way to load them?

From: Christopher Browne
Subject: Re: How to load a batch of files in common-lisp?
Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when ···········@yahoo.co.uk (Jacktian) would write:
> In common I use eg.
> (compile-file "/tmp/hello.lisp") and
> (load "/tmp/hello.fasl")
> to load  a file into common-lisp enviroment.

> But when I have thousands of files, it seems difficult to load the
> files one by one.  I wonder if there is any easier way to load them?

Try something like:

(defvar *cast-of-thousands* '("hello" "goodbye" "foo" "bar"
                              "frobozz" "slartibartfast" "macsyma"
                              "ultimatequestion" "ultimateanswer"))

(defvar *longer-names* (mapcar #'(lambda (x) (make-path :directory
                                              '(:absolute "tmp")
                                              :name x)))
                      *cast-of-thousands*))

(defun load-it-all (cast)
   (dolist (s cast)
     (compile-file s)
     (load s))

(load-it-all *longer-names*)
--
(concatenate 'string "cbbrowne" ·@acm.org")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/emacs.html
From: Wojciech Sobczuk
Or just use something like ADSF for managing your project:
http://ww.telent.net/cliki/asdf

Wojtek

--
Wojciech Sobczuk
NEMO Labs
From: Marco Antoniotti

Or MK:DEFSYSTEM.  http://sourceforge.net/projects/clocc

> Wojtek
>
> --
> Wojciech Sobczuk
> NEMO Labs
> http://www.nemo.pl/

715 Broadway 10th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
                    "Hello New York! We'll do what we can!"
                           Bill Murray in `Ghostbusters'.
From: ilias
Marco Antoniotti wrote:
> Wojciech Sobczuk <······@nemo.pl> writes:
>

>>Or just use something like ADSF for managing your project:
>>http://ww.telent.net/cliki/asdf
>

> Or MK:DEFSYSTEM.  http://sourceforge.net/projects/clocc

> asdf is a declarative system definition tool after the pattern of Mark
> Kantrowitz's defsystem, but with the addition of a defined protocol
> for accessing the system components.

sounds good.
From: Wojciech Sobczuk
The rumour has it that you can cat these files together.  If you do it
in the correct order, you'll be able to just load the resulting file.

Greetings,
Wojtek