From: frantisek stafek
Subject: Screamer - anybody using it and have it working?
Hello,
    I'm relatively new to Common Lisp, enjoying discovery
of this language in my free time as a hobby. Recently I wanted to
play with SCREAMER package under Xanalys Lispworks. I just can't
get it compiled, after replacing several pre ANSI function names with their
up to date counterparts, compiling ends in stack overflow. Anybody
here is using this package, have some more recent working version or know
how to install it?

Thanks for any help, Frantisek Stafek

From: Marcus Breiing
Subject: Re: Screamer - anybody using it and have it working?
"frantisek stafek" <·······@noise.cz> wrote:

> Recently I wanted to play with SCREAMER package under Xanalys
> Lispworks. I just can't get it compiled (...)

Just replacing every occurance of ANSI-90 with ANSI-CL worked fine for
me.  Alternatively, you could probably get it to compile without
modifying the source at all by pushing 'ANSI-90 on *features*.

--
Marcus Breiing
···················@breiing.com (will expire)
From: Arthur Lemmens
frantisek stafek wrote:

> Recently I wanted to play with SCREAMER package under Xanalys Lispworks.
> I just can't get it compiled, after replacing several pre ANSI function
> names with their up to date counterparts, compiling ends in stack overflow.

I also had this problem when I played around with Screamer a few years ago.
I 'solved' it by increasing the stack size. You can do that by putting
something like the following in your Lispworks init-file:

  (setq system:*sg-default-size* 250000)

Arthur Lemmens