From: Friedrich Dominicus
Subject: CLIM usage
I wonder who is using CLIM? It seems as if all have their own way of
doing it and that it's just carried with the commercial Lisps, but
hardly used.

I ask because I've written a very minimalistic CLIM program which runs
fine on one implementation but does not work properly on the
other, no I do not have used anything besices ANSIC Common Lisp and
CLIM.

Are the any actual CLIM projects? And which work on at least two
implementations?

Regards
Friedrich

From: Tim Bradshaw
Subject: Re: CLIM usage
* Friedrich Dominicus wrote:

> Are the any actual CLIM projects? And which work on at least two
> implementations?

I'm sure that there are some very large CLIM-using systems, or the
vendors probably would not put all the effort they do into maintaining
CLIM.  Whether they are portable I don't know.

--tim
From: Jochen Schmidt
Friedrich Dominicus wrote:

> I wonder who is using CLIM? It seems as if all have their own way of
> doing it and that it's just carried with the commercial Lisps, but
> hardly used.
>
> I ask because I've written a very minimalistic CLIM program which runs
> fine on one implementation but does not work properly on the
> other, no I do not have used anything besices ANSIC Common Lisp and
> CLIM.
>

> Are the any actual CLIM projects? And which work on at least two
> implementations?

There is McCLIM which is the only free CLIM project I know of.
You can download a daily snapshot of the sources on

  http://www.mikemac.com/mikemac/McCLIM/index.html

AFAIK it runs on ACL, CMUCL and OpenMCL using CLX as backend.
It should be possible to get it running on any Lisp that supports CLX and
the MOP.

But I think you probably meant projects actually using CLIM...

Besides of the examples coming with McCLIM there are at least:

Gilbert Baumanns Webbrowser called "Closure" which he has ported over to
CLIM (source is not yet publicly available - but there are some impressive
 Screenshots).

And there is WeirdIRC an IRC Client which is available in source and binary
on my webpage:

  http://www.dataheaven.de/weird-irc/index.html

ciao,
Jochen