From: watsacham
Subject: The geek looks for a decent lisp
Hi there, I'm looking for a decent lisp interpreter can could be embedded
into c++ application.

I've found cmucl 2.30 but I'm not sure it can be embedded in anything...

From: Fred Gilham
Subject: Re: The geek looks for a decent lisp
> Hi there, I'm looking for a decent lisp interpreter can could be
> embedded into c++ application.
>
> I've found cmucl 2.30 but I'm not sure it can be embedded in
> anything...

The problem is that you're looking for a DECENT LISP INTERPRETER that
can be embedded into a C++ application.  CMU Lisp isn't a Lisp
interpreter.

Besides which, no decent Lisp system would want to be embedded into a
C++ application. :-)

Anyway you can try ECLS, which is intended for embedding.  Look at

   http://ecls.sourceforge.net

especially the developer's guide, which explains how to embed ECL
programs in C or C++ programs.

--
Fred Gilham ······@csl.sri.com | See the lambs and the lions playin?
I join in and I drink the music. Holiness is the air I'm breathin'.
From: Kaz Kylheku
Fred Gilham <······@snapdragon.csl.sri.com> wrote in message news:<··············@snapdragon.csl.sri.com>...
> Besides which, no decent Lisp system would want to be embedded into a
> C++ application. :-)

I think with the right drugs to suppress the bad proteins coming out
of C++, it can be done. ;)
From: Christopher Browne
watsacham <·····@grouik.com> wrote:
> Hi there, I'm looking for a decent lisp interpreter can could be embedded
> into c++ application.
>
> I've found cmucl 2.30 but I'm not sure it can be embedded in anything...

SIOD (Scheme In One Defun) is actually intended for this sort of
thing, and you can readily find other Scheme implementations designed
with similar intent.

You could doubtless consider embedding CLISP in the application,
albeit with the caveat that it is licensed under the GPL, which would
presumably need to be inherited by your application.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string ·············@" "sirhc"))
http://cbbrowne.com/info/
From: Hannah Schroeter
Hello!

watsacham  <·····@grouik.com> wrote:
>Hi there, I'm looking for a decent lisp interpreter can could be embedded
>into c++ application.

>I've found cmucl 2.30 but I'm not sure it can be embedded in anything...

Have you tried ecl or ecls?

Kind regards,

Hannah.
From: Tim Bradshaw
watsacham <·····@grouik.com> wrote in message news:<······················@213.228.0.4>...
> Hi there, I'm looking for a decent lisp interpreter can could be embedded
> into c++ application.
>
> I've found cmucl 2.30 but I'm not sure it can be embedded in anything...

If you really want embedded-into-a-C++-system rather than
coexisting-with-it, let me put in a word for elk.  It's actually a
scheme, but it's a delight to use, and it's designed for mixing with
C/C++.  It's somewhat old, but it still works fine on our systems,
anyway.  SIOD is another system, though I always found it a bit
crufty...

--tim
From: Chung-Lin Tang

How about librep? http://librep.sourceforge.net/