From: Cesare Rocchi
Subject: Emacs package for CLOS syntax highlighting ?
Hiyall,

as far as you know is there an emacs package
for CLOS syntax highlighting. If so where i can
find it ?
I ask it 'cause in "non-CLOS" situations
you don't use keywords such as:

- :initform
- :initarg
- :type
- :reader
- :accessor

... which are of common use in CLOS.

Otherwise would ou suggest me how to extend
the list of lisp keywords (defun, let, ...)??

Bye

-s.

|                Cesare Rocchi                |
|             Research Consultant             |
|   at ITC-IRST Povo I-38050 (TRENTO) ITALY   |
|     http://tcc.itc.it/people/rocchi.html    |
|					      |
|"Beauty is truth, truth beauty,"-that is all |
|  Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know. |
|		(J. Keats)		      |
|---------------------------------------------+

From: Joel Ray Holveck
Subject: Re: Emacs package for CLOS syntax highlighting ?
> as far as you know is there an emacs package
> for CLOS syntax highlighting. If so where i can
> find it ?

Well, syntax highlighting is not the easiest thing to do for CLOS, but
keyword highlighting is.  All keywords are already highlighted by
ILISP.  Does that address your need?

joelh
From: Marco Antoniotti
Joel Ray Holveck <·····@juniper.net> writes:

> > as far as you know is there an emacs package
> > for CLOS syntax highlighting. If so where i can
> > find it ?
>
> Well, syntax highlighting is not the easiest thing to do for CLOS, but
> keyword highlighting is.  All keywords are already highlighted by
> ILISP.  Does that address your need?

Correction.  ILISP does neither highlighting nor indenting.  These are
left to font-lock (unless you use something else) and to
cl-indent-function in (X)Emacs.

What you need, is an extended font lock definition to properly
highlight CL code.

Here is what I use.  It may not be complete, but it is a start. Note
that this is archaeological debris from my Emacs setup.  I bet that
you can find something newer and more sophisticated.

Cheers

;;; -*- Mode: Emacs-Lisp -*-

;;; font-lock-cltl-mode.el --
;;; Extra highlighting for Common Lisp.

(font-lock-add-keywords 'lisp-mode
			(list
			 (list
			  (concat "(\\(def"
				  "\\("
				  (concat "\\(constant"
					  "\\|parameter\\)"
					  )
				  "\\|"
				  (concat "\\(package"
					  "\\|setf"
					  "\\|generic"
					  "\\|method"
					  "\\|ine-"
					  (concat "\\(compiler-macro"
						  "\\|condition"
						  "\\|method-combination"
						  "\\|modify-macro"
						  "\\|setf-expander"
						  "\\|setf-method"
						  "\\|symbol-macro\\)"
						  "\\)")
					  "\\)")
				  "\\)"
				  "[ \t'\(]*"
				  "\\(\\sw+\\)?"
				  )
			  '(1 font-lock-keyword-face)
			  '(6 (cond ((match-beginning 3)
				     font-lock-variable-name-face)
				    ((match-beginning 4)
				     font-lock-function-name-face)
				    (t font-lock-type-face))
			    nil t)
			  )))

(font-lock-add-keywords 'lisp-mode
			(list
			 (list
			  (concat "("
				  "\\("
				  (concat "\\("
					  (concat "\\(restart\\|handler\\)"
						  "-"
						  "\\(bind\\|case\\)")
					  "\\|error"
					  "\\|c?error"
					  "\\|signal[^-]"
					  "\\|warn"
					  "\\|break"
					  "\\|abort"
					  "\\|with-\\(condition\\|simple\\)-restarts?"
					  "\\)")
				  "\\)")
			  '(1 font-lock-keyword-face)
			  )))

;;; end of file -- font-lock-cltl-mode.el --

715 Broadway 10th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
                    "Hello New York! We'll do what we can!"
                           Bill Murray in `Ghostbusters'.