From: Dave Barth
Subject: Measure Command Lisp selected start end defined - Please
I have simplified some code to run on a splined polyline about 500+
feet long will do.
In LISP, I need to select a polyline, select an endpoint of the
polyline, then run the measure command to start at whichever endpoint
was selected.
As shown in a comment in the following code one suggestion was to feed
in a list but cannot seem to get that idea working. Please look over
this simple code.
Thank you for looking at this - Dave

(defun c:post ()

      ;distance between positions))
      (setq dist-btwn 100.00)

      ;; Save and set sysvars:
      (setq oech (getvar "CMDECHO")
            otev (getvar "TEXTEVAL")
            osm  (getvar "OSMODE")
      )
      (setvar "CMDECHO" 0)
      (setvar "TEXTEVAL" 1)
      (setvar "OSMODE" 0)

      ;; create temp. block:
      (entmake '((0 . "block")(2 . "_TEMP$")(10 0 0)(70 . 0)))
      (entmake '((0 . "line")(10 0 0)(11 0 -15.99)))
      (entmake '((0 . "endblk")))

      (setq ent-sel1 (car (entsel "\nSelect a polyline to Station")))

      (setq start-pt (getpoint "\nSelect exact end point of pline"))

      ;Example Recommended by one person - does not work for me
      ; (command "measure" (nentselp pt) "50")

      ;Where can I feed the start-pt into the following.

      (command "_.MEASURE" ent-sel1 "_Block" "_TEMP$" "_Y" dist-btwn)

      ;; reset sysvars:
      (setvar "TEXTEVAL" otev)
      (setvar "CMDECHO" oech)
      (setvar "OSMODE" osm)
);end defun

From: Kaz Kylheku
······@dslextreme.com (Dave Barth) wrote in message news:<···························@posting.google.com>...
> I have simplified some code to run on a splined polyline about 500+
> feet long will do.

Please refrain from crossposting AutoCAD Lisp questions to the
comp.lang.lisp newsgroup. AutoLisp is a severely hacked down dialect
of Lisp; it is to Lisp what Javascript is to Java, roughly. You
wouldn't ask C shell questions in a C language newsgroup, right?

> (defun c:post ()
[ snip code ]

The only standard Lisp symbols in this are CAR, SETQ and DEFUN.
From: TomD
Sheesh!  I never would have guessed the lisp community was so sensitive.

·································@posting.google.com...

From: Thomas F. Burdick
"TomD" <···········@nospam.stargate.net> writes:

> Sheesh!  I never would have guessed the lisp community was so sensitive.

Not really, just because *someone* is, doesn't mean everyone else is.

In this case, the cross-post was inappropriate (IMO), because it was
really an AutoCad question, not a Lisp question.  But personally, I
think some posts to comp.emacs could benefit from cross-posting, and
the same is probably true for the autocad groups.  Unfortunately, the
questions that *are* crossposted are rarely the ones that make sense
to crosspost.

--
         ,'  .\  / | No to Imperialist war |